Gucci Aphrodite Shoulder Bag

Here's a photo of the two side by side that I took at Harrods! The large is quite large... although not the largest I've seen. Although it's not a bulky bag it might overwhelm a shorter person, it's hard to say!

BTW, I bought it! Got the black medium. I still have some of the wrapping on it in case I don't wear it home (if it doesn't fit in my carry on, then I'll wear it since my LV Odeon is smushier) so will do a photo or two when I get home.

View attachment 5659452
This style is retro and gorgeous. I also like the Louis Vuitton Carryall PM in empreinte as well. They are all a little similar.

Funny I came across this thread because I just purchased an Odeon MM as my Thanksgiving/ Christmas/ birthday gift for myself. And I mustn't look at other bags! Having said so, I'm still lusting over other similar bags in leather.

You have a do a side by side comparison pic of the Odeon and Aphrodite. Please. Thank you in advance.

PS: I wear my Odeon with a short strap from Etsy. To me, it just instantly becomes a hobo/ shoulder bag that sits flat under my arms and can weather harsh conditions. Leather is more delicate, but so luscious!
IMG_3400.jpeg

Thanks so much for posting and congrats on the purchase! It's absolutely beautiful and fits so much! I'm 5'2" as well; may I ask, does the bag look flattering worn crossbody, or do you mostly plan to use as a shoulder bag?
Yes, it looks good crossbody - think that's down to its slim profile. Between the attached strap and the extender strap it is easy to adjust the length to fall where you want it.

Reactions: Candace30
This style is retro and gorgeous. I also like the Louis Vuitton Carryall PM in empreinte as well. They are all a little similar.

Funny I came across this thread because I just purchased an Odeon MM as my Thanksgiving/ Christmas/ birthday gift for myself. And I mustn't look at other bags! Having said so, I'm still lusting over other similar bags in leather.

You have a do a side by side comparison pic of the Odeon and Aphrodite. Please. Thank you in advance.

PS: I wear my Odeon with a short strap from Etsy. To me, it just instantly becomes a hobo/ shoulder bag that sits flat under my arms and can weather harsh conditions. Leather is more delicate, but so luscious!
I will try to get comparison photo(s) up this weekend.

I purchased the green. The price point is shockingly good for this item. My own personal thoughts are the piece was released at a lower price than expected to test the market. I fully expect to see a price hike in the near future as this item is a very nice leather and is far below what some of the other bags of similar style retail for. This made me give it a go immediately. The cream is stunning as well. The red isn’t the perfect red for me although I do like it. I appreciate a nice saturation of color and saw that in the green. It reminded me of Hermes Bamboo which I passed on. Full disclosure, I’m not typically a green person but comparatively with the other colors it was a standout and will pair well with neutrals. I did not see the purple in person but I agree with another poster that it does look like anemone. If you like the style of the bag, I would not hesitate.

I purchased the green. The price point is shockingly good for this item. My own personal thoughts are the piece was released at a lower price than expected to test the market. I fully expect to see a price hike in the near future as this item is a very nice leather and is far below what some of the other bags of similar style retail for. This made me give it a go immediately. The cream is stunning as well. The red isn’t the perfect red for me although I do like it. I appreciate a nice saturation of color and saw that in the green. It reminded me of Hermes Bamboo which I passed on. Full disclosure, I’m not typically a green person but comparatively with the other colors it was a standout and will pair well with neutrals. I did not see the purple in person but I agree with another poster that it does look like anemone. If you like the style of the bag, I would not hesitate.

Congratulations!

I think it's because I have 2 bags in Bambou already I'm not thinking about the green - but obviously I love that shade of green. I also have a the same purple in a lizard Hysteria clutch (2010/11) as well as SLGs in Anemone. I don't have an everyday red bag and this red should be good for me.

I also expect the Large versions (as fashion show pieces) to only be available this season although I don't have any inside Information.

Reactions: insidemysoul
Congratulations!

I think it's because I have 2 bags in Bambou already I'm not thinking about the green - but obviously I love that shade of green. I also have a the same purple in a lizard Hysteria clutch (2010/11) as well as SLGs in Anemone. I don't have an everyday red bag and this red should be good for me.

I also expect the Large versions (as fashion show pieces) to only be available this season although I don't have any inside Information.
Thank you!!! What is odd, I’ve only appreciated green this year and I’m realizing now that I can wear it. I’m such a blue person. Bambou is fabulous but I’ve admired from afar and passed on a picotin, which a few were surprised by.

The red will be great for you. I’m excited for you to get it!!

I saw the large in black in store. I agree with you on that. I think they are putting the most weight on the medium in terms of market appeal. The smallest version of which there are two versions I believe has a few color options.

Thank you!!! What is odd, I’ve only appreciated green this year and I’m realizing now that I can wear it. I’m such a blue person. Bambou is fabulous but I’ve admired from afar and passed on a picotin, which a few were surprised by.

The red will be great for you. I’m excited for you to get it!!

I saw the large in black in store. I agree with you on that. I think they are putting the most weight on the medium in terms of market appeal. The smallest version of which there are two versions I believe has a few color options.

The small version that has the alternative chain-strap also have a zip. They're not for me, but if people really like that Y2K look they look practical and 'girly' especially in the colours (my SA sent pics of the Small with the zip in purple - so I know it also comes in purple). Altogether, this whole line seems very well though out and practical. Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 22.24.27.png

The small version that has the alternative chain-strap also have a zip. They're not for me, but if people really like that Y2K look they look practical and 'girly' especially in the colours (my SA sent pics of the Small with the zip in purple - so I know it also comes in purple). Altogether, this whole line seems very well though out and practical. View attachment 5664300
I agree! Not for me either but definitely we’ll thought out!

That purple :heart::love::loveeyes:

I'm getting a bonus at work, I was going to treat myself to a Pochette metis, but this bag has my attention. It's so hard to find a nice purple bag, especially with gold hardware, and I love the fact that I can wear this as a crossbody. The website says that it's still in production and won't be available until 1/18/23 (I'm pretty sure this date will change). Is there anyway to find out if the stores got any?