Gucci Ace Sneakers - Are they still relevant?

Hi everyone,

Im a little late to the party. I’m finally thinking about purchasing the Gucci Ace sneakers with the Bee. Have l left it too late. Are they still on trend or not?
I would love some feedback and opinions. This would be my first pair of designer sneakers.

xx
If you love them, they sell them and they're comfortable, that's all that matters!

I don’t follow trends so I don’t know if they’re technically “in”, and where you live makes a difference too. But many shoe collectors will curate a large collection and wear them for many years. So similar to what was noted above; no one will know if you bought them today or 2 years ago. I have the GG supreme (blue/red stripe) Aces, and get them out in the autumn to wear.
I personally love the bees too, and have one of the Gucci twillies/bandeau with the bees. If you like them, I’d get them. They do run big though. I wear a street size 7 (37) and had to go down a whole size to a 36.

I don’t follow trends so I don’t know if they’re technically “in”, and where you live makes a difference too. But many shoe collectors will curate a large collection and wear them for many years. So similar to what was noted above; no one will know if you bought them today or 2 years ago. I have the GG supreme (blue/red stripe) Aces, and get them out in the autumn to wear.
I personally love the bees too, and have one of the Gucci twillies/bandeau with the bees. If you like them, I’d get them. They do run big though. I wear a street size 7 (37) and had to go down a whole size to a 36.
Thank you, l ended up purchasing them xx

1. LOVE your profile pic! I have a puggle and two pugs so I get so excited whenever I see another one :smile:
2. I got the Ace's with the bees in 2020 and have not regretted them for a second. Yes, they're not "on trend" anymore, but I balance that out with some trendier pieces, or I just don't care, lol. I'm 38 so adhering more to my personal style is more important to me at this stage in life. I still receive compliments on them, though that's not why I got them.

Cute story - I was at the hair salon last year and an elderly lady stopped me on the way to the sink. She wanted to thank me for representing bees on my sneakers and then asked where I got them from because she would like a pair.

I did not enjoy breaking them in, I definitely had some blisters and didn't find them to be that comfortable. But, now 2+ years on I'm very happy with how comfy they are. Because of the material, they're also really easy to keep clean. The only thing I did was change the laces because I really didn't like the ones they came with.

• Love
Reactions: jess236 and 880
Are they comfortable for several hours of walking? Will get they ruined in cities where it rains a lot? Thanks!

As long as they are broken in, yes, they are very comfortable for walking. They're leather so they can be cleaned. I don't wear mine in the winter because we have too much snow and slush, but I think they should be okay in rain.

1. LOVE your profile pic! I have a puggle and two pugs so I get so excited whenever I see another one :smile:
2. I got the Ace's with the bees in 2020 and have not regretted them for a second. Yes, they're not "on trend" anymore, but I balance that out with some trendier pieces, or I just don't care, lol. I'm 38 so adhering more to my personal style is more important to me at this stage in life. I still receive compliments on them, though that's not why I got them.

Cute story - I was at the hair salon last year and an elderly lady stopped me on the way to the sink. She wanted to thank me for representing bees on my sneakers and then asked where I got them from because she would like a pair.

I did not enjoy breaking them in, I definitely had some blisters and didn't find them to be that comfortable. But, now 2+ years on I'm very happy with how comfy they are. Because of the material, they're also really easy to keep clean. The only thing I did was change the laces because I really didn't like the ones they came with.
Another pug lover, aren’t they just so amazing, l have one fawn (in picture) and one black. Love them.

Im with you, lm 48 and at this point just want to wear what I love. l love the look of the bees, l think l purchased the wrong size, lm now trying to hunt down a half size bigger which is proving difficult.

love the hair salon story - so cute x

Love the blue red stripe too!

Reactions: Puglet Lover