gucci 85th anniversary handbags

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Dear Gucci lovers,

Which 85th anniversary bag would be the best to get for a collector. I want to pick a style that will be in for quite a while. Mind you Gucci is classic and timeless so they are all beautiful.

I love Gucci it is sooo yummy!!!!!!!

Beware of all the fakes on eBay ladies. I stopped buying off of eBay because I was solded two fakes and it the vendor kept saying that they were real. It is not worth the hassle. Now I wait for the end of season sale at Holt's. This year I bought three authentic gucci bags for under $1500.00 canadian. I bought the dark blue large hobo with the red, cream and blue stripes (it is on the purse page of this site). Also I bought the brown guccissima shopper(it can be seen on bag, borrow or steal.com...and the dark blue hobo with stripes can also be seen on that site). The third one I bought was from the cruise collection and it is a purse in red with the gold plated chain with the the red and blue striped material going through it. I think it was designed by Tom Ford...very classic and elegant and it has gucci written in gold...sweet.

I am new to Gucci and love the bags even more than my Prada's. I just happened to stumble upon the sale and ended up with 3 bags for the price of one of my Prada's. Looking at all the handbag sites I cannot find my new bags for the price that I got them. Wait for end of season sales from reputable stores and you will be able to buy for much less and get the real thing.

Cheers Gucci lovers!!!!!!

2. I love the 85th anniversary medium Boston bag (comes in plain or Guccisima leather; also comes in suede). I have a pic of my burnt red one in the thread 'Received Anniversary Edition for Anniversary'. Perfect size and style for me and it is definitely a classic.

3. Yep, Neimans have the suede versions. I was going to get one, but I didn't think I was that into them.

4. I got my medium mystic white boston bag with the light gold horsebit. I simply adore it and lug it everywhere I go. A real head turner.........best of all, they are only available this fall and only in limited quantity! Definately worth the investment!

Congratulations on your new Gucci bags!

5. I don't know the name of the one I lusted over today. . .
    it was red Guccisima leather w/ a cool 85th Anniv plaque on the back, the straps were adjustable to wear on arm or shoulder and had the horsebit {I think} linked across the front and it was a pretty big bag. I think it was about $2300.
    I met KathyD there today. . . she was interested in it!

6. [​IMG]
    This bag is beautiful in person. I found this pic on NM online. It's called the Med. Boston for $2395. The color is rusty red.

7. there ya go Kathy!! I didn't even look for it! LOL!

We tried that bag on yesterday and it was a FAB bag!:yes:

8. Nordstrom had a ton of these anniversary handbags in every color and style....I was tempted.

9. Beautiful!!! :heart:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice