Food Guacamole!!!!!!!!!!

LouisLady

May 22, 2006
Anyone else a fan of guacamole or simply Avocado?

mmmm...*drools*

I looooove avocado...

I love to eat it with chips, spreaded on my sandwiches, in my sushi, and maybe even plain!!!

I love guacamole too!!!!!

My recipe:
Avocados
Fresh lime juice (instead of lemon)
Tomatoes: peeled, seeded, drained, and chopped
1/2 teaspoon of Worchestershire sauce per avocado used
Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Chili flakes
Dash tabasco

optional:
chopped onion
garlic

LOVE it!!! Absolutely no cilantro though, it makes me physically sick :yucky: I love avocado plain though, I'll eat it on anything, even just slices on corn chips or in salads and such.

I love Guac and avocados!

We judge new Mexican restaurants on their Guac...if it's good...we'll return. If it's bad...we're not coming back.

Speaking of avocados... we had tacos last nights and I used the rest of the avocado in my omelette for dinner tonight.

I love guacamole too!!!!!

My recipe:
Avocados
Fresh lime juice (instead of lemon)
Tomatoes: peeled, seeded, drained, and chopped
1/2 teaspoon of Worchestershire sauce per avocado used
Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Chili flakes
Dash tabasco

optional:
chopped onion
garlic

I've never tried it w/Worchestershire, but I'll be sure to put a dab in my next batch. My recipe is slightly different than yours. Instead of chili flakes I use serrano chiles, no tabasco sauce and no garlic. I add pink onions and salt. I also use the avocado pits and keep them in my guac, because it helps it not turn blackish. I love it!

Neeya, I had cilantro too! My bf's sister made guacamole yesterday and I made him eat the chunks that had cilantro. I love LOVE avocados and will eat anything related to them. Sandwiches, dip, salads, ooh, even spring rolls. They are a bit fattening, but still vitamin packed at least and ooh so creamy. Haas are the best supermarket brand and I've been wanting to go to CA to visit avocado farms.
I also use the pit to prevent the avocados from turning too black.

I love avocados and guacamole - I never make it though.

give it a shot! It is so easy, and you can put in exactly the things you want!

For those of you who hate cilantro, when you are serving guacamole and/or other Meso American-Inspired dishes to other people, go ahead and get a bunch of cilantro, chop it up and put it in a pretty dish on the table, so that those for whom the meal will not be complete without cilantro can sprinkle at will, and those who hate it don't have to try to pick it off of things.