GST, white or black? Does the white get dirty easily?

ithaca

May 6, 2007
Hi everyone

Does anyone know whether the white cavier leather get dirty easily?
I'm still deciding between the white and the black. Initially I want the black one and was told its sold out. They've got the white color one. but I'm worried the white get dirty easily and the stain will be hard to get rid of. the SA told me it's very easy to clean with baby powder :confused1:...

Is the white really high maintanence? argh....:faint: which one should I get?

I need your opinion... Please....

i would say if you initially wanted the black one, then stick to your guns and wait for one.
good luck, hope you end up getting one :smile:

I used a white GST all summer and it still looks brand new. You just have to be careful with it. Don't set it on the floor at restaurants and don't let it brush up against dark jeans.

Thanks BooYah, the SA told me they'll increase the price by 1 Nov and hopefully they will get the black GST before that. He said he will give me a call when the bag comes but i get soo paranoid... what if there are other people also want the black...what if he forgets to call me...

Actually the one I want best is the beige one... for some reason they don't seem to stock that color...So I'm thinking maybe I should go for the white one...it will be a good summer bag...

tomz_grl, thanks for sharing your tips...but I'm never a careful person...I chuck my bags everywhere...and i wear jeans a lot...thats why I find lv is the most suitable for me...lol...

why they dont have beige! argh....

after reading this, i definitely think you should wait for the black. It is what you originally wanted AND you won't have to worry about it getting dirty. I have a black GST and it is wonderful. Love it to pieces! Good luck!!!

Since you originally wanted a black, I think you should just wait for the black, if you are worried that your SA can't get one for you in time, why not try calling other stores? HTH.

I have a white caviar jumbo and it's holding up really well. I don't use it that often though. I have a black GST as well and I love it. I would definitely go for the GST in black. Because it's such a large bag, having a white GST would just be so hard to take care of. It's okay if you don't plan on using the bag that often, but if you wanted something you can tote around every day without worrying about it, DEFINITELY go for the black. You can always order in a black GST from another Chanel boutique/department store if they're sold out locally.

Thanks girls for your honest and helpful opinion...
I now know for sure that I'll get the black one! Thanks so much!
I'll drop by the boutique tomorrow and see if they can transfer one from another city...
Thanks again for help me make up my mind~
loving this forum...becoz of you guys...