GST owners: Any regrets or drawbacks, pros/cons?

No regrets with mine...the only con is the chain squeaking because of the leather but it's no big deal. I have no problem with the straps since I just push the bag behind my arm and that holds it in place.

I think it's ideal for the office to hold documents and paperwork or for traveling. I had the same problem with Luccibag, one strap would constantly fall off and it was pretty heavy! I used it for a couple months but now it has been sitting inside the closet somewhere for months. It's a gorgeous and classic bag though!

Hi everyone! First off, I'd like to give my sincerest apologies if this has been posted before.. I searched and couldn't find one, so I posted one.

Well what do you gals think are the Pros & Cons of the Grande Shopping Tote? I fell in love with this style today at SCP and wanted to look into the actual bag, and see how people love/hate it.

I understand that there are two different caviar leathers? New & Old? Are those the same as Rigid & Washed?

Is this bag going to be hard to find at stores in Black with S/H in the old/rigid leather? Is there even any hope to find this bag in store, in the old/rigid cavier leather, or am I out of luck? The thing is I like the super structured look of this bag and wouldnt mind it in the rigid leather. Chanel at SCP said they were completely out, but when they do get their shipment in will the bags be the new leather?

Thanks in advance!

noo they aren't out of stock-- i know there are a bunch in san fransico chanel store-- u can call there and ask for Scott and he can get them for you! u know whats even nicer than the cavier lather-- PATENT!! get themm in black or red-- they are collectable and they are super super nice!

I would go for Patent, because its a twist to the original, but I really like Caviar.. The patent wouldnt be too practical for me. It is really gorgeous though. If I called the Chanel store in SF would they be able to transfer one from there to one of my stores? I would really love to find that bag.

Thanks cuteangel!

Honestly dont get the washed caviar. It is sooo unlike the regular caviar, the colors look washed out too. IMO. Go 4 the regular caviar, it is so durable and holds the shape better. Washed gets ruined and has been having issues. I like the washed caviar for other bags, but not the GST

Yeah! thats what I thought as well junky! Thats why I wanted the original caviar as well, like I really love the structured shape of the GST, why would I want it to get all soft?!

Wait, just to make sure, is the rigid caviar GST even available with silver hardware?

This would be my first Chanel, so might as well make the best of it you know!

Last edited:
I Know! Get black with silver H/W. Its a great tote, yah its heavy but so what lol. I see you have a bbag, lol. Now you need structure in your life. hehehe

yea! do u want the number? i can call ahead and tell my SA that you will be calling!! they will charge your card though- then transfer it to the store near you...or ship it to your place and u can either return it or buy it!!!

Yeah, can I get the number cuteangel? I'll call myself though, I still need to look around and think.. I also have to sell some of my bags I dont use first =[

Haha junky! I am a b-boy so I am used to the slouch Balenciagas are famous for, I wonder if I will be in shock once a structured bag come around haha.

Thanks you guys!

Haha, I wanted the XL Rodeo Drive bag at first, but thats just tooo expensive for me, like even 2150 or whatever is a lot you know? hahaha If I end up getting this bag, I will cherish it for awhile, I am not really the type of person to stick to one bag and use it for weeks without changing, but I think with this I will haha.

I have the Rodeo in blush, not the big one, but the small one. I havent used it yet. i am soooo bad! Just mnake sure you get the gst before the price increase which is in November, also if you buy it at Saks , get the Gift card event which is on October 23rd. You can get a 300$ gc.

Thats what the lady at bloomies was telling me to do! She said to pre order the bag then pick it up on some day and get around 300 on a gift card, I wish that was 300 off the bag of course haha.

I have never seen that bag in a different color than white, black and silver! How do you like the blush? Sounds really nice!