GST owners: Any regrets or drawbacks, pros/cons?

Hi,
I have the GST and absolutely love it. I use it as my everyday bag, it holds a ton and looks so classy. Its very versatile. It can be dressed up or down.
At first the straps were a concern but now it doesn't bother me. I just do what roey does, put it behind my shoulder and it stays put.
Best of luck with your decision.

Hi there. Got my little pretty last week April 1 and have been using it since. It is heavy and the strap does fall off the shoulder. But for me, it's worth the pain in the ass. I love the compartments as it keeps the contents separated from each other. I love the classic look of it and this I know I can use for years and years. In one of the other threads, I read how one pf'er stores her gst on its side, rather than upright, so that's what I've been doing as well. Not sure if it helps keep its shape better, but nothing to lose. One time even, I folded up an old pashmina and used it as the base for laying down my gst. But I now refuse to be too anal about it.

I adore the GST now. I own quite a couple of flaps and was looking for a change (but sticking in the Chanel category) so I got myself a GST. It's really easy to use as a casual day to day bag, and it also even brightens up any outfit (probably because it's chanel :P). I'm 28 y.o, and initially I thought the GST looked old, but it actually doesn't when paired with the right outfit. I used to love carrying totes from other brands like Prada, Fendi, LV, and Balenciaga, but my experience with the GST makes me want to buy more Chanel totes. Then again, maybe it's all because of my current (and should last forever) love affair with Chanel! My next project is to find a GST in pink caviar. If you already have some flap bags, I'd suggest the GST is another interesting option.

I have three GST's now, blk, white and now beige....agree, hate that the strap falls off but besides that it is an ideal bag. they don't call it a "timelss classic" for nothing. now, are there sexier trendier bags, yes, but will you probably get tired of them yes and sell them, yes :yes: Not so with the GST, it is versatile, a workhorse and you will love that it works dressy or casual. Now i just wish i had bought more colors when they were $1600, which is how much my first black one was :graucho: But I do recommend that you store them laying flat on their side, it will help keep their square shaped corners. Also, for the record, I set mine down everywhere, the floor at the nail salon, on the garage floor loading my DS in his car seat, the GST in Black just cannot be beat! One more mentionable, it stands up on it's own! YEAH!!!! :heart: White would be my second choice!

I'm another GST lover. I was so/so and the bag until I got one and now it's my favorite bag. I've never had any problem with the straps and I think the size is perfect. I have the bag in black and would love to get another color.

I find the only drawback is that because of the center zipped compartment it is hard to fit bulky items in the bag like a pair of shoes. I got a Mademoiselle tote, which is huge, for those days when I have a ton of stuff to carry. I'm also considering getting the DS tote when it comes back in the fall.

I don't think you can go wrong with the GST, but there are so many wonderful Chanel totes to chose from!!!

i adore GST's...mine r a few yrs old - dont know "feel" of newer ones...
i have black & pink...
you won't be sorry! how much r they now?? in dec they were around $2,150 @ Saks...cerf tote was $1,950...

I love the look of the GST and admire it so much on others but I found it to be too heavy and uncomfortable to carry. I would suggest either the medallion tote or the D.S. tote as it is easier to carry especially over a jacket and it zips up. But I will forever lust from a far for the GST

I have the GST(Old Caviar) and Jumbo Caviar Flap. I like using the GST for traveling, because it holds a magazine, etc., but one strap does fall off of the shoulder and can get annoying. The jumbo is a great all around bag and stays nicely on the shoulder, but doesn't hold as much for me. Hope this helps!!

I do love GST and finally got a black with GH and a new 08 pink with SH and am waiting for the bags arrived!^^
I actually wanted to get a washed caviar black with SH which came out recently but they're sold out of it.
but my SA said they're getting Black with SH soon and I could make an exchange when they recieve them.

which do you ladies prefer?
1.old caviar w/GH
2.wahed caviar w/SH
please help me out to decide!!! many thanks!!

I just got my GST. I regret to say that I am thinking of returning it. The straps fall off and it is really bulky and heavy. I am not a short or petite gal in any way. I do love big bags. I have a Cabas that I love and wear everyday.