Gst help

missbao

Mar 24, 2010
Hi ladies, I have always wanted to buy a GST and the boutique price has rocketed till 3.9k ! im leaning toward 2nd hand which probably cost 2.5 to 2.8k ,however I will be missing out the thrill of selecting and opening and carrying home from the boutique, if you know what I mean :smile:

What's your choices ?

Hi ladies, I have always wanted to buy a GST and the boutique price has rocketed till 3.9k ! im leaning toward 2nd hand which probably cost 2.5 to 2.8k ,however I will be missing out the thrill of selecting and opening and carrying home from the boutique, if you know what I mean :smile:

What's your choices ?

Hi I'm from Singapore too, in fact the gst price has remained the same for quite a few years. If you really wanna get a brand new one from boutique, I strongly suggest to get it now before the increase. As gst has been at this price for the longest time while the classic flaps prices has adjusted a few times , so really, who knows.

And if this is your first Chanel, it makes it even more of a unique experience to select and get it personally from the boutique.

Lynnueno said:
Are you in the US? GST is $2900 for regular size and $5300 for XL.
If you go to GST club, there's more infos. Try it.

Hi hi

Thank you

I'm from singapore so I'm using sgd which is equivalent to 1 is to 1.25 US

Thank you for recommendation, I will hv a look :smile:

Bagamind said:
Hi I'm from Singapore too, in fact the gst price has remained the same for quite a few years. If you really wanna get a brand new one from boutique, I strongly suggest to get it now before the increase. As gst has been at this price for the longest time while the classic flaps prices has adjusted a few times , so really, who knows.

And if this is your first Chanel, it makes it even more of a unique experience to select and get it personally from the boutique.

Thanks for your reply!
I have bought a 2.55 2nd hand, and I want my GST to be special experience for me!! :smile:
, but I heard they only do it in caviar now? Will it be a bit boxy?

exjw said:
my SA says there will be a price increase very soon, get it before then

Thanks , I am still contemplating to get from boutique or 2nd hand, I found some pretty good preloved condition, and the saving of 1.4k is so tempting!

GST not as expensive as the classic flap, i preffer to be more patient till can get the new one. it is worth to wait, trust me :smile:
in Europe it cost 1790€

What's your choices ?

Blondinca said:
GST not as expensive as the classic flap, i preffer to be more patient till can get the new one. it is worth to wait, trust me :smile:
in Europe it cost 1790€

That's a pretty good price! It work out to be about 3K sgd, and I should get tax rebate too. I am planning Europe trip in 2014 :sad: that's a long long wait :sad:
Which particularly place in Europe is cheaper? Paris?

Thank you for the great info!

I was buy it in Frankfurt, but as i understood, it is general same price the whole Europe, and you get extra 10-13% tax refund from this 1790€ normally (i cant claim because i am resident). Be aware it will going up on February as i heard the price, Good Luck :smile:

That's a pretty good price! It work out to be about 3K sgd, and I should get tax rebate too. I am planning Europe trip in 2014 :sad: that's a long long wait :sad:
Which particularly place in Europe is cheaper? Paris?

Thank you for the great info!

Thanks for your reply!
I have bought a 2.55 2nd hand, and I want my GST to be special experience for me!! :smile:
, but I heard they only do it in caviar now? Will it be a bit boxy?

I have only seen it in caviar, yes. Perhaps for some collections they might do another leather, but I've not seen one in a while. The shape is a bit boxy, as that is the style of the tote. It's really a beautiful bag, and since you want your GST to be a special experience, now would be a good time to buy one at the boutique new before any price increase. :smile:

I would get a new one and I would get it soon. Timing it for a trip is near impossible. I have tried timing to buy my bags in Paris and London, sever al times, and they never have the bags I want. These are not bags that you can typically walk up to one store and buy it on demand.... It's not like there are ten of them at each store.

I never even think of buying a bag when I travel, and if I get lucky, great. But if I really want a bag, I just get it now . You may want to consider that in case there is a price increase. With luxury bags, it is not always about finding it in the country with the lowest price, some are just happy to find one.

Good luck.

Thanks , I am still contemplating to get from boutique or 2nd hand, I found some pretty good preloved condition, and the saving of 1.4k is so tempting!

As i'm aware of in singapore there are a lot of consignment store and concierge service where you can try and get a brand new gst with full packaging for about sgd600 cheaper than boutique...why not try that. you can look in chanel deluxemall or ciaciasg. Hope that helps.