Gst help

missbao

Mar 24, 2010
SIN- Sunny Island
Hi ladies, I have always wanted to buy a GST and the boutique price has rocketed till 3.9k ! im leaning toward 2nd hand which probably cost 2.5 to 2.8k ,however I will be missing out the thrill of selecting and opening and carrying home from the boutique, if you know what I mean :smile:

What's your choices ?

Lynnueno

Oct 18, 2010
Are you in the US? GST is $2900 for regular size and $5300 for XL.
If you go to GST club, there's more infos. Try it.

Bagamind

Climbing up the peak
Nov 10, 2010
A Sunny 'FINE' city
Hi ladies, I have always wanted to buy a GST and the boutique price has rocketed till 3.9k ! im leaning toward 2nd hand which probably cost 2.5 to 2.8k ,however I will be missing out the thrill of selecting and opening and carrying home from the boutique, if you know what I mean :smile:

What's your choices ?
Hi I'm from Singapore too, in fact the gst price has remained the same for quite a few years. If you really wanna get a brand new one from boutique, I strongly suggest to get it now before the increase. As gst has been at this price for the longest time while the classic flaps prices has adjusted a few times , so really, who knows.

And if this is your first Chanel, it makes it even more of a unique experience to select and get it personally from the boutique.

missbao

Mar 24, 2010
SIN- Sunny Island
Lynnueno said:
Are you in the US? GST is $2900 for regular size and $5300 for XL.
If you go to GST club, there's more infos. Try it.
Hi hi

Thank you

I'm from singapore so I'm using sgd which is equivalent to 1 is to 1.25 US

Thank you for recommendation, I will hv a look :smile:

missbao

Mar 24, 2010
SIN- Sunny Island
Bagamind said:
Hi I'm from Singapore too, in fact the gst price has remained the same for quite a few years. If you really wanna get a brand new one from boutique, I strongly suggest to get it now before the increase. As gst has been at this price for the longest time while the classic flaps prices has adjusted a few times , so really, who knows.

And if this is your first Chanel, it makes it even more of a unique experience to select and get it personally from the boutique.
Thanks for your reply!
I have bought a 2.55 2nd hand, and I want my GST to be special experience for me!! :smile:
, but I heard they only do it in caviar now? Will it be a bit boxy?

missbao

Mar 24, 2010
SIN- Sunny Island
exjw said:
my SA says there will be a price increase very soon, get it before then

Thanks , I am still contemplating to get from boutique or 2nd hand, I found some pretty good preloved condition, and the saving of 1.4k is so tempting!

Blondinca

Apr 11, 2012
La La Land
GST not as expensive as the classic flap, i preffer to be more patient till can get the new one. it is worth to wait, trust me :smile:
in Europe it cost 1790€

What's your choices ?

missbao

Mar 24, 2010
SIN- Sunny Island
Blondinca said:
GST not as expensive as the classic flap, i preffer to be more patient till can get the new one. it is worth to wait, trust me :smile:
in Europe it cost 1790€
That's a pretty good price! It work out to be about 3K sgd, and I should get tax rebate too. I am planning Europe trip in 2014 :sad: that's a long long wait :sad:
Which particularly place in Europe is cheaper? Paris?

Thank you for the great info!

Blondinca

Apr 11, 2012
La La Land
I was buy it in Frankfurt, but as i understood, it is general same price the whole Europe, and you get extra 10-13% tax refund from this 1790€ normally (i cant claim because i am resident). Be aware it will going up on February as i heard the price, Good Luck :smile:

That's a pretty good price! It work out to be about 3K sgd, and I should get tax rebate too. I am planning Europe trip in 2014 :sad: that's a long long wait :sad:
Which particularly place in Europe is cheaper? Paris?

Thank you for the great info!

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks for your reply!
I have bought a 2.55 2nd hand, and I want my GST to be special experience for me!! :smile:
, but I heard they only do it in caviar now? Will it be a bit boxy?
I have only seen it in caviar, yes. Perhaps for some collections they might do another leather, but I've not seen one in a while. The shape is a bit boxy, as that is the style of the tote. It's really a beautiful bag, and since you want your GST to be a special experience, now would be a good time to buy one at the boutique new before any price increase. :smile:

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
I would get a new one and I would get it soon. Timing it for a trip is near impossible. I have tried timing to buy my bags in Paris and London, sever al times, and they never have the bags I want. These are not bags that you can typically walk up to one store and buy it on demand.... It's not like there are ten of them at each store.

I never even think of buying a bag when I travel, and if I get lucky, great. But if I really want a bag, I just get it now . You may want to consider that in case there is a price increase. With luxury bags, it is not always about finding it in the country with the lowest price, some are just happy to find one.

Good luck.

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
Oh.... And I would get brand new. I am not a fan of a used bag. These are bags to last many many years... Get a new one.

emmaali

EmmaCC
Apr 12, 2012
Malaysia
Thanks , I am still contemplating to get from boutique or 2nd hand, I found some pretty good preloved condition, and the saving of 1.4k is so tempting!
As i'm aware of in singapore there are a lot of consignment store and concierge service where you can try and get a brand new gst with full packaging for about sgd600 cheaper than boutique...why not try that. you can look in chanel deluxemall or ciaciasg. Hope that helps.