GST experts question..

Sabinalynn

Bag obsessed
O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
HI:smile: So sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area..
I have a 13 series GST which I love and bought preowned a little while ago..I know some people said there was a time in 2009 or 2010 where some of the black caviar gsts were coming in soft and way smooshier than the rigid ones of years before. Then I read posts about "washed" caviar. I'm hoping someone can tell me which GST I have. Attached are pics. It is buttery soft and shiny..looks brand new while on or hanging (because of the soft caviar, so will never looks dented which I like), but slumps while set down? Is this washed caviar? Or just a soft batch? I also notice its slightly smaller (shorter) than the earlier rigid ones. Any help would be great!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 2,327
  • photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 2,353
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 2,189
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2,279
I have a number of GSTs from 2006 up to and including 2011 Gsts, frankly, I have never seen a Gst with the sides like yours, don't know if that is an irridescent caviar or soft caviar model from 2010, but the sides look pretty out of shape while laying down, but you mentioned it would never look out of shape so I am a bit confused.

I have a 13 series GST which I love and bought preowned a little while ago..I know some people said there was a time in 2009 or 2010 where some of the black caviar gsts were coming in soft and way smooshier than the rigid ones of years before. Then I read posts about "washed" caviar. I'm hoping someone can tell me which GST I have. Attached are pics. It is buttery soft and shiny..looks brand new while on or hanging (because of the soft caviar, so will never looks dented which I like), but slumps while set down? Is this washed caviar? Or just a soft batch? I also notice its slightly smaller (shorter) than the earlier rigid ones. Any help would be great!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry if I am not much of a big help. I am not sure if your GST is a "washed" caviar but I have the 11 series caviar leather GST. This picture of GST was taken (empty) about 3 months ago. HTH

Attachments

• pic 1 1121.JPG
    pic 1 1121.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,431
I have a number of GSTs from 2006 up to and including 2011 Gsts, frankly, I have never seen a Gst with the sides like yours, don't know if that is an irridescent caviar or soft caviar model from 2010, but the sides look pretty out of shape while laying down, but you mentioned it would never look out of shape so I am a bit confused.

Thanks:smile: what I meant was, since it is so soft, when it is worn, the front looks perfect, but only when I set it down does it look really saggy..but I guess the sides always look like that. But yes, the leather is very very soft and smooooshy. What is the iridescent caviar? Could it be that? It's definitely a different leather..

My 13GST is used very regularly, from April 2010, has rue rings n integrated CC logo. Does slump abit but its only 30% of yours. Do trace/track back older threads. There were quite bit of discussion on 13GST.

Hi, I'm not an expert but thought I'd check out your thread anyway... Wow!
I didn't know the GST could do all that slouching!! LOL Were you the one who got that beautiful GST with GHW initially? Yours was probably one of the reasons why I got mine with GHW :smile: .... and although I prefer that one better, congrats on your newer one :smile:

I would love to know too if the slouching is very common for the GST. I got mine just last September and I really don't want mine to get too slouchy. Wonder if there's anything I could do to prevent it??

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi, I'm not an expert but thought I'd check out your thread anyway... Wow!
I didn't know the GST could do all that slouching!! LOL Were you the one who got that beautiful GST with GHW initially? Yours was probably one of the reasons why I got mine with GHW :smile: .... and although I prefer that one better, congrats on your newer one :smile:

I would love to know too if the slouching is very common for the GST. I got mine just last September and I really don't want mine to get too slouchy. Wonder if there's anything I could do to prevent it??
I regret selling my GHW one all time..I'm sooooo upset about that:sad: Then I bought a preowned one from 2005 and switched it for this one. I really love how comfortable it is because its SO soft and one major reason I sold the first one was because of how hard it was. Here is a pic of me wearing the slouchy one..when I wear it, it looks great! Just wondering about the leather..I'm confused:sad:
photo%25284%2529.JPG

My 13GST is used very regularly, from April 2010, has rue rings n integrated CC logo. Does slump abit but its only 30% of yours. Do trace/track back older threads. There were quite bit of discussion on 13GST.
Ive been searching and there is talk about softer batches.it looks to me like washed caviar, but its very shiny so it cant be washed, right? Now I'm getting sad..I thought I loved it because its so soft and comfortablle but now I'm missing the firmer one..

From the quality of your pics and lighting, it is not clear if the caviar is normal or washed. But as far as I know washed caviar is less pebbly than normal caviar. Your GST is obviously from the older family i.e. pre 'Rue' stamping and bags from that era were a lot more boxier than the new ones now. However, GST tend to slouch with wear and time especially if stored incorrecty and overly stuffed. None of my GSTs from the older era or new look like yours but frankly yours is not the first I've seen in that condition/shape.

HTH

From the quality of your pics and lighting, it is not clear if the caviar is normal or washed. But as far as I know washed caviar is less pebbly than normal caviar. Your GST is obviously from the older family i.e. pre 'Rue' stamping and bags from that era were a lot more boxier than the new ones now. However, GST tend to slouch with wear and time especially if stored incorrecty and overly stuffed. None of my GSTs from the older era or new look like yours but frankly yours is not the first I've seen in that condition/shape.

HTH

Thanks:smile: I have felt older bags and newer bags and this leather is definitely different..it is less pebbly but it is very very shiny. I'm not sure how the previous owner treated it, but to me, it looks like its in perfect condition other than the soft leather..