Gryson- teal or grey and skye or olivia?

I love the teal Olivia. The color definitely pops, and the bag looks like it would be easy to locate things in because of it's shallow depth.

I was at Nordstrom today, and I had never seen the Gryson bags IRL before today. Now, I really feel that I want a Skye. The size is perfect! To me, the Olivia was HUGE! The Skye is actually very roomy, and I tried it on my shoulder with the long straps, then I actually took the time to snap the long straps underneath and I love it as a hand-held, too. I love the new bags with the shoulder straps and the satchel handles. They have great versatility. Gryson has some excellent new colors for the fall also. The one I am eyeing looks grey with black handles and trim, and silver handware, but when I looked at the tag, it said "blue". It is an excellent color! It is dark grey with the slightest hint of blue. Then I found the actual grey one, and to me, it is not as striking as the bag I first thought was grey (which turns out is blue). How confusing! Anyway, the Skye is awesome. If you have TONS of stuff, you may want to think about the Olivia, but otherwise, I think the Skye is really roomy.
:tup:

I was at Nordstrom today, and I had never seen the Gryson bags IRL before today. Now, I really feel that I want a Skye. The size is perfect! To me, the Olivia was HUGE! The Skye is actually very roomy, and I tried it on my shoulder with the long straps, then I actually took the time to snap the long straps underneath and I love it as a hand-held, too. I love the new bags with the shoulder straps and the satchel handles. They have great versatility. Gryson has some excellent new colors for the fall also. The one I am eyeing looks grey with black handles and trim, and silver handware, but when I looked at the tag, it said "blue". It is an excellent color! It is dark grey with the slightest hint of blue. Then I found the actual grey one, and to me, it is not as striking as the bag I first thought was grey (which turns out is blue). How confusing! Anyway, the Skye is awesome. If you have TONS of stuff, you may want to think about the Olivia, but otherwise, I think the Skye is really roomy.
:tup:
Thanks for your description! I've never seen them IRL either, and I've been trying to figure out if the Olivia's too huge and the Skye's too small. I finally broke down and ordered a Skye and keep my fingers crossed. Your description made me feel much better! Thanks!

Over the weekend I tried the Grysons IRL at Von Maur. I found them to be rather frustrating. I have to be able to wear a bag over my shoulder and I hated the shoulder straps on the Skye (constantly in the way of the zipper) and the Tate (wouldn't lay nicely out of the way when hand held). The quality of the bags was good, and I really was suprised by how nice the nylon looked, but I wish that they would make a Skye equivalent with a slightly longer drop on the woven handle and forget the slightly cheap looking and annoying shoulder straps. I would buy that bag at full price.

I have to agree that the shoulder straps on the Pocket bags were poorly designed. They do get in the way and even the unused buckles look odd. I never use the long straps on my Skye (Stictly handheld) but I love the Tate and I use the shoulder straps al the time due to how they are arranged on the bag itself and not next to the zipper.

I like Olivia in gray from pics but I haven't seen IRL. And if the shorter strap wouldn't go over shoulder then I personally wouldn't want it. I like a shoulder bag and not cross body (except in the case of something like kooba meredith where you have the primary strap which goes over shoulder and the longer one for occasional cross body when you need it)...but if you don't mind hand-carry, that's not an issue for you. Have you seen these IRL? Is Olivia larger than Kooba Paige?

I have both grey olivia and grey skye. They are very different in color though. I am still waiting for my teal olivia. My picture taking skill is not that great, but here they are.

Attachments

• olivia.JPG
    olivia.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 67
  • skye.JPG
    skye.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 61