Gryson owners, does your metal plaque inside the bag say

tracy814

O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
Gryson, and under it "made in Italy"?

I bought a Skye off ebay and the plaque just says Gryson, but my Olivia, purchased from rarechic, has the "made in Italy" under it.

It's a nylon Skye with silver hardware, if that makes a difference....man, I hope I didn't buy a fake. Everything else looks perfect though...

No, the tags aren't on it. I saw an Olivia from Fall 07 on ebay where it only said Gryson, but my Olivia, also from Fall 07 DOES say Made in Italy. There is a mark inside the pocket to prevent retail return, which makes me more comfortable that it's not a fake, but of course, nothing is positive. The suede lining and everything else, stitching, etc. are top notch, exactly like my Olivia...

Here is the ebay listing if you want to see pictures....thanks, Gryson Girl!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110240965273&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

^^ Did you have it authenticated here? You can still post in that forum and they can give you a better idea.

I didn't, it didn't even cross my mind that there might be fake Grysons, and I checked out the seller's other auctions and feedback, and it didn't seem like she deals in fakes, more like she gets stuff from NM Last Call or places like that...live and learn, right?

I have made purchases from this seller and they were all authentic. Hope that eases your mind some.

Glad to hear that, it does ease my mind - the bag does appear totally authentic except for that one thing! Thanks!

Hi Tracy,
I think you're okay. I have a black nylon Skye, and the inside tag reads "GRYSON". The "made in Italy" that appears on my other Gryson tags is not there. I never noticed it before. My bag was purchased at Saks.