Gryson Olivia Python on Gilt Group

Couture_CL

Bags! Bags! Bags!
Jul 25, 2008
Talk about impulse purchase, I just bought the Gray Python Gryson from Gilt, someone please tell me I'll :heart: this bag, I hope I don't regret it!!

olivia1.jpg

olivia2.jpg

I did a search and was unable to find a lot of modeling pics of Gryson bags here...are they not as popular on the forum??

This would be my first Gryson :yes: the python leather is just too intoxicating!!

Hi Couture! I have three Olivia bags, it is my all time favorite style! Mine are white with brown trim, brown with black trim, and woven bluejean leather with brown trim. I love this style because of the pure volume of gorgeous soft drapey leather. I don't blame you for looking for modeling pics because this bag does look different IRL than it does in most retail pics. It has a beautiful triangular sillohuette when it has weight in it instead of "stuffing". I am so excited for you! I can't even imagine the decadence of all that python. If I saw you coming my way carrying that bag, I know my head would turn, my mouth would drop open and my palms would start to itch with the urge to caress! Pardon my gushing, but I think you've made a really great purchase, and I guess I'm getting a vicarious thrill out of it. Must have been a great buy on Gilt. Let us know how it is.

Talk about impulse purchase, I just bought the Gray Python Gryson from Gilt, someone please tell me I'll :heart: this bag, I hope I don't regret it!!

olivia1.jpg

olivia2.jpg

Hello :tup: Good Job On This One!!!! I have the same exact bag but in the Skye version. I love it to death.

Attachments

• DSC02610.jpg
    DSC02610.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Hello :tup: Good Job On This One!!!! I have the same exact bag but in the Skye version. I love it to death.

Thanks Roe! I actually saw the Skye Python in your color and it is gorgeous!! Matter of fact I prefer the white/brown color more then the Black/Gray but I don't think Skye size would work for me (I like GIANT handbags :nuts:) and the Olivia only came in the Gray color now so I went for it, which is cool, I've been looking for a gray-ish bag for fall anyway!

Do you have some modeling pics you can post!? Pretty please!??! :heart:

Thanks Roe! I actually saw the Skye Python in your color and it is gorgeous!! Matter of fact I prefer the white/brown color more then the Black/Gray but I don't think Skye size would work for me (I like GIANT handbags :nuts:) and the Olivia only came in the Gray color now so I went for it, which is cool, I've been looking for a gray-ish bag for fall anyway!

Do you have some modeling pics you can post!? Pretty please!??! :heart:

No. I don't have any modeling pics just yet. I used it once a few weeks ago with a black wrap around trip that has a grey stripe around it with my patent mary janes. If I would have been able to obtain the bag in your size I would have. I actually had a post on this not too long ago. Now that you have the bag, will you be using it with both straps or will you take the straps off and used the detailed leather strap? Will you use the bag snapped on or tote style?

No. I don't have any modeling pics just yet. I used it once a few weeks ago with a black wrap around trip that has a grey stripe around it with my patent mary janes. If I would have been able to obtain the bag in your size I would have. I actually had a post on this not too long ago. Now that you have the bag, will you be using it with both straps or will you take the straps off and used the detailed leather strap? Will you use the bag snapped on or tote style?

I don't actually have the bag yet, hopefully will get here next week or so. But I have done some research around the Olivia bag in the meantime :P I'm not sure if I'm completely sold yet on the dual shoulder straps....I think they'd be functional for sure, but I like the satchel-handbag look better on this bag. I really have to see IRL how this bag will look on me, I'm hoping I don't look like a big dork trying too hard to be cool :wtf: ha ha

As far as snapped or tote style is concerned, I'm pretty sure I'll be using it *tote* style just because I'm pretty lazy with my bags, even the ones where I have zippers on top I hardly zip them, either I just forget or I prefer them open for easier access :yes:

Hi Couture! I have three Olivia bags, it is my all time favorite style! Mine are white with brown trim, brown with black trim, and woven bluejean leather with brown trim.

Romeolady - I was actually lusting after the woven bags, the bluejean one is so fabulous and I believe I saw a Jasper Woven in Tan/Camel color on Neiman Marcus website not long ago but of course they were all sold out by the time I jumped on the Gryson wagon.

I wanted a more texture bag instead of just plain leather (having too many of them) so just wanted to change things up a bit and I really hope I'd love the python.

It is a little creepy to be wearing snake skins, I have to admit that :faint:

Romeolady - I was actually lusting after the woven bags, the bluejean one is so fabulous and I believe I saw a Jasper Woven in Tan/Camel color on Neiman Marcus website not long ago but of course they were all sold out by the time I jumped on the Gryson wagon.

I wanted a more texture bag instead of just plain leather (having too many of them) so just wanted to change things up a bit and I really hope I'd love the python.

It is a little creepy to be wearing snake skins, I have to admit that :faint:

Yes, I know what you mean:yes:! I wonder if Python is lighter in weight than standard leather bags. I adore my woven blue jean Olivia for its interesting texture and fab color, but because of all the leather and the "to die for" suede lining it is heavy even when empty! I think I could get over the creepy snake thing real quick....the "wow factor" of that bag clearly obliterates any "ick factor"!

BTW I rarely zip my Olivias. I too like the easy access of "zipper open".

You are going to love this bag! I have one in brown and another in gray! Looks good as a satchel but I keep the straps on for those qhuick hands free moments. Also looks good with a suit or jeans!