Gryson Olivia-how sturdy is it?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I love the look of the Gryson Olivia IRL, but what I can't gather is how sturdy is it? I'd want to use it as a work tote which means it would be lugging around notebooks, maybe text book on school nights, a pair of shoes, a laptop--not all at the same time, but you get the gist.

Will it stand up to that kind of abuse, or is it a big bag that isn't meant to carry around that much weight?

Thanks!

2. i don't have one, but honestly, i wouldn't carry around a laptop or text books in an expensive leather bag...but i am probably in the minority! i use a leather/hemp kale HUGE bag to lug my laptop around in and it holds it shape and will stand the test of time very well. i carry around books, etc., in my MJ, but would never dream of adding my laptop.

just my .02 :smile:

3. It's not large enough for all that. I put a standard 8.5 x 11" notebook in mine and it was a tight fit when zipped. All I had in there was a cosmetic case and a long wallet. The leather is sturdy, but the bag isn't as big as it appears.

4. I have the smaller Skye but I don't think the larger Olivia is a haul around bag. Even though it's made excellently it's more of a handbag versus a tote type bag.

5. Have you considered the Gryson Rachel? It is larger than Olivia and has much the same look with a North/South orienation as opposed to the Olivia's East/West.