Grrrrrrrr....my hubby just doen't get it

I'm sorry he said that and hurt your feelings. My hubby really likes and compliments my two patent leather bags that I have all the time. Especially the red one (my other one is teal francine).
redpatenttote.jpg

Funny, on the train today to NYC young college girl across the aisle had a black patent blazer on (crinkled kind but new and clean looking) I said ooh I like that and he said "looks like a plastic trash bag!" Definely not a fashionista! I also had to explain that the unusual women at the next table at dinner was Betsey Johnson and he wasn't really buying that either!!!

^^oops I love that red bag it is so pretty!!! Is it from a while ago or fairly recent? It looks super useful and comfy with those long straps!
Thank you, I love it too, very much. It's from awhile ago like a year or two (I need to read the creed patch to find the actual date). It's my only MFF bag and it has way thicker, better leather than some boutique bags (namely the current crimson Zoe and other patent Zoes which have thin leather; I guess they need thin leather to slouch properly). I almost missed out on this bag altogether but a friend helped me find one late in the game. I'm so grateful to her.

Last edited:
My DH just told me all of my patent leather bags look like plastic and that they look cheap! This really hurt my feelings!

OMG! I hope you had a good comeback! :feminist:

I kind of thought that at first, too, but there are some really nice ones out there (i love the green patent Ergo Pleated Framed Satchel)!

P.S. As punishment, sit him in front of the computer and read this whole thread!

most men don't like patent. don't blame him. I even asked my husband and he said it doe snot look natural, it is just to shiny, and it looks too much like something a street walker would wear. That is just how most men see it. sorry he couldn't nicely say it but then again what is a nice way to put something down. I was lucky I got an honest opinion on it from my DH and his friends were there and all agreed. But you know I am a women I like it I am the one wearing it. I also thing when a DH or close someone does not like it it does sting a little. oh yeah and the only bag I own that he likes is my op art parchment Sabrina. funny thing most of my compliments w/ that bag are from men. My DH friends also like it and one asked if he should get his Fiance one for xmas (of course I said OMG YES). What you need to do is go give you DH a big old kiss for not having the same exact taste as you. Thats what makes your relationship fun is the difference between thoughts and feelings. god if we all like the same thing this would be one boring world. Hope you have a bright and shiny day ;) :biggrin: