Grrrr ... some people!!

harley

Look out Singapore!!
Jan 10, 2006
NYC
I posted this on another thread but I had to let you guys hear this one. I was shopping at Nordstrom the other day wearing my J12. The SA seemed to admire it thinking it was a TOY watch ... then I showed it to her and she saw it was clearly a Chanel but she goes, 'But where are the diamonds?' ... as if my non-diamond J12 was a piece of junk ... I explained I didn't want diamonds on mine ... then she asked the price and of course I got the 'For that amount of money and no bling, you got ripped off' ...

I just can't win.

What the h*** is a TOY watch anyway?

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
she's like Ramona from Housewives of Manhattan. . . DOESN'T think before she talks:rolleyes:
I'm sure she mistakenly asked her next victim, err, I mean customer if she was pregnant :P

janny328

<3's chanel
Jul 20, 2006
Los Angeles
Ugh, I don't understand why people open their mouths when they aren't really educated about what they are talking about -it just makes them look more idiotic and rude!

Even though I am into diamonds and "bling" -and had always assumed people generally would feel the same... I have learned that there are many people who deliberately choose NOT to wear diamonds, even if they can afford them because it's not their preference. I know quite a few of my friends who didn't want the diamonds when they bought their J12s'. SO why the need to make you feel bad about supposedly "getting ripped off"?? I mean, a base model J12 is something that not many people can even afford... so why the need to say something so insulting when she didn't even know what it was in the first place?

Sorry you had to deal with that. Just know that there are many people, like US on the forum that can appreciate a wonderful watch like a J12. ;)

urologist

O.G.
Apr 22, 2007
I would say that this entire encounter just demonstrated her ignorance, so don't let it bother you.

FWIW, although I have diamonds on quite a few other watches, my J12 is utterly diamond-free, and I like it that way. It's no one's business but mine. To ask you the cost is incredibly gauche, and to comment that you got ripped off is ludicrous and simply demonstrates her lack of understanding of cost in the luxury watch market.

Enough said. Go back to enjoying your watch.

I-shop

Aug 1, 2007
Coconut Land
first saw the toy watch, if i'm not mistaken its on Saks.. and I was like..this watch is Rolex wanna be..

and that girl should get :bagslap: and thennn :lecture:

thegraceful1

ILuvChanel/Cartier
O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
Orange County, California
she's like Ramona from Housewives of Manhattan. . . DOESN'T think before she talks:rolleyes:
I'm sure she mistakenly asked her next victim, err, I mean customer if she was pregnant :P
LOL:tup:

Sorry to hear that I also own a J12 33mm no diamonds - last week I went to the Louis Vuitton Boutique to picked up my Tambour watch that was getting the battety replaced, and was asked the same question, my response to the LV SA was "don't you know that this watch is twice more expensive than the Tambour". Needless to say I did not know what a "Toy" Watch was, so I called a SA from NM and drove over there to see them irl and they were a "funny" looking version of the Chanel ceramic watch:rolleyes:

peppers90

Carpusdiem.com
O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
USA
www.carpusdiem.com
I have a Toy watch, and believe me~ it is NOT a J12!! Toy watches are only $300. That SA was just incompetent-seems to be very common these days. Enjoy your J12 and forget about her!

Plain&Simple

JR Dressage Queen
Nov 15, 2007
I could go either way re the diamonds. anyways, Im sure its a LOVELY tdf watch...and hey, was she wearing one?? mmm lol ;)