Grrrr....Another USPS Rant

Embratt

O.G.
May 26, 2008
I've been patiently waiting for an item I won on eBay. It is coming from London. So today I checked online tracking and got this message. Who the heck knows where my package is and when it will be re-routed to me! So frustrating!!

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

This happens quite often. I guess we must learn to live with it.

Last time I sent something from NYC to upstate NY and it went all the way to PA, OH then IL. Took approximately 15 days for USPS to deliver that package to the rightful recipient. I could have delivered that package faster if I had walked there and back. lol

I think the packages must sometimes get placed on the wrong truck or something when they're being sorted. I had a package that I was sending from NJ to NY and when I check the tracking 2 days later thinking that it would have been delivered already, it was in Nebraska! I know my geography is pretty crappy but that one definitely didn't make any sense to me. Luckily, it made its way back from Nebraska to NY in a few days. I hope you get your package soon.

Can anyone help me out here? I sold an item, sent to paypal address, buyer hasn't gotten it yet, she sent me the correct address (zip code was off), confirmation # says its "missent". I told buyer to wait another week.

I called paypal. They are no help and will side with buyer. Not my fault. Paypal gave me wrong address, I have proof of shipping. No insurance.

Do I have a case? Hopefully it'll arrive soon and buyer is patient.

Yes, this has happened to me too! I sold a pair of shoes to a buyer in NY (shipped via Priority Mail) and a couple days later I checked the status on it on the USPS website (thinking they arrived), it was all the way in Honolulu, Hawaii!!! Luckily it finally was corrected (a few days afterwords after I called my post office about it) and they were sent back from Hawaii to NY (its rightful destination). All this took about 2 weeks.

Sounds like it was accidentally put on the wrong truck, but they caught it. Be glad they did and that its on its way to the right address. I've had three packages lost in the last month. They found one. The other two are gone. I was told they think the mail carrier stole them but since they can't prove it, there's nothing they can do.