GRRR!! Sometimes being in Canada sucks!

bnjj

Jovi Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
GRRR!! I just called the Coach store as I wanted to order the Pleated Ergo Satchel in Rose and she told me that we won't be getting that colour in Canada - just the orange, the beige and the white.

That blows.

you can order it from coach.com and have it ship to you I guess. They will charge you for duty though. My family is in Canada, and they love to shop here went they come to visit me.

You CAN order any of the colors that are available through JAX. I am in Canada too and I have done this with the pleated Ergos. Give them the style number and have them place a special order from JAX and have it shipped to the store. You can then pick it up from the store. You will not be charged any shipping or duty on the bag this way. I have done this on more than one occasion as there are quite a few bags available that we do not get in the stores up here.

WOW really? I will have to remember that.
You CAN order any of the colors that are available through JAX. I am in Canada too and I have done this with the pleated Ergos. Give them the style number and have them place a special order from JAX and have it shipped to the store. You can then pick it up from the store. You will not be charged any shipping or duty on the bag this way. I have done this on more than one occasion as there are quite a few bags available that we do not get in the stores up here.

I know you can order from JAX but that is not the point. I don't want to have to pay import duty and additional shipping when I shold be able to get it from the Coach store right here.

I cannot, however, have JAX send it to a Canadian store for me to pick up as we do not have stores in Alberta. Out of curiosity I just spoke with JAX 10 seconds ago and they said that while they can send it to a Canadian store, they DO charge shipping and duty.

When I was in Vegas last week the SA at the Coach store showed it to me and called it Rose. Regardless, I told the SA in Canada that I wanted pink, patent or not, and she said it will not be available in Canada in any shade of pink.

I know you can order from JAX but that is not the point. I don't want to have to pay import duty and additional shipping when I shold be able to get it from the Coach store right here.

I cannot, however, have JAX send it to a Canadian store for me to pick up as we do not have stores in Alberta. Out of curiosity I just spoke with JAX 10 seconds ago and they said that while they can send it to a Canadian store, they DO charge shipping and duty.

When I was in Vegas last week the SA at the Coach store showed it to me and called it Rose. Regardless, I told the SA in Canada that I wanted pink, patent or not, and she said it will not be available in Canada in any shade of pink.

If you get the SA to order it for you shipping and duty will be waived

That sucks! I really wanted the xl denim pathcwork bag they came out with a few seasons back. I was madly in love with it. When the new line was released they didn't have that size here. The SA told me it was only being released in selected stores in the States. :sad: I had totally forgotten about it until last weekend. I was at a funeral and one of my cousins had it. I wanted to ask her where she got it, but it just wasn't the time.

^^I certainly hope they can do it for you!!

Are your prices still higher? THAT doesn't make a bit of sense to me since the CAD and USD are a penny from par this morning.

The Canadian prices are the same as the U.S. It's been like that since January (I think, not too sure if it was earlier). All the stuff that I've bought since January are the exact prices as coach.com.

Are your prices still higher? THAT doesn't make a bit of sense to me since the CAD and USD are a penny from par this morning.

Prices have been par since December, I think.
I've been avidly watching this thread - really want to get a pair of Janelle flats, but I need them in 5.5. But I'm having a hard time justifying them if they're going to cost me $200 :sad: