Grrr groupon!! Make sure you enter it carefully

BattahZ

Jul 12, 2009
A word of warning - if you're using your groupon, make sure you enter your order correctly the first time. I used mine, then went back to add one more item to my purchase, but when I entered it in to complete the sale, it wouldn't take it anymore. I guess it only processes it once. Now I'm waiting for HH customer service to answer to see what they can do.

ARG.

i can't get mine to work at all, and in the 5 minutes i was trying the item was trying to buy went up by nearly $40... so i'll just wait, i guess. i've bought from groupon before and i know it's legit, so i'm not worried.. i'm just going to wait for the postings on their site to clarify.

I hope I can get it sorted out soon (can't get through to groupon yet, I guess it's too early in Chicago), I wanted to get my cuz the moonbeam Lorca and there's only one left on the site.

The timestamp on it is 6:33am, it came through this morning. It just gives you a link to the groupon website, so you can go there and log in. Should be there for you.

I received mine this morning as well.

Yes, make sure you check out the discussion thread on Groupon. You can only use the Groupon once, and if you lose the balance if you don't use all $175.

Thanks for the warning, BattahZ!

Totally pissed. I had issues with the site all day. Spoke to CS numerous times about this yesterday because in order to access the site I had to do all sorts of machinations to get around that security issue.

Now I can only log into the link on my receipt using my CUNY LAN account and password which I don't want to do. When I go to the site..it shows I have no groupons. I have an email that shows I purchased 2. I log on directly through Groupon and access my account, which shows no groupons. I never canceled my order or did anything.

What is the time difference between CS and EST? I thought it was an hour but I have the beginnings of another headache so I may be totally off base.

Any help would be appreciated. I already fired off an email to CS.

I left CS a vmail and no word. It's 9:30am there now so they should be open. Very annoying! It's still a good deal if the thing works, but it seems like using the codes online is tricky. I think I'd be happier if I could just take the coupon in to the HH store with me (if I was close enough to one!), then there's no worry about the code disappearing.

from the groupon message board:

Joe Harrow commented 36 minutes ago
Hi Everyone,
If you purchase this Groupon yesterday and are planning on using it online, this will not be available from Hayden-Harnett until 7pm EST tonight. Very sorry for the inconvenience—the reason is that haydenharnett.com needs some time to make sure that everyone’s codes are in their system. If you plan on using your Groupon in the store you can start immediately.
Very sorry again, especially to those of you who have been having trouble trying to place these orders this morning.
Sincerely,
Joe Harrow
Groupon Customer Support

well, boo. both items i wanted have gone up in price already:Push:

Interesting! When I first entered it this morning, the HH website accepted it and it showed my entire purchase as being free (including shipping) - then I got greedy and wanted to add one more small item to max out the $175. Maybe they corrected their system right around then.

I'll try it again tonight and will report back whether it works. Thanks for posting that, Hokka!

Ok Groupon called me back (the guy's name was Joe so I guess it's the same guy who made the announcement hokka posted). He said the codes should work after 7pm, so for folks who tried to use them already that shouldn't have cancelled out the code. He apologized for not announcing sooner that the codes couldn't be used right away.

So, for everyone who bought a groupon, they won't work til after 7pm this evening.

And I must give groupon credit, they called me back within half an hour of leaving a voicemail, so they seem to have pretty decent customer service.