Group chat for those going to Korea in SUMMER 2017

dawonbi

May 10, 2015
Hello, I'm creating a group chat for an exclusive time frame only! Hopefully, we could join each other on the journey to Korea! You might be planning to go alone, but you don't have to be~! It's better to have someone to have your back during recovery :smile:

I'm going for rhino and these are the clinics I'm planning to consult with:
Trend, Apgujeong K, Gate, Baum, GNG, Opera.

I've found some cheap guesthouses on Airbnb that we could share together and get discounts. My trip is planned between June and July, 2017.

Please send me a message through my Kakao ID: bxxdam

[emoji5]

HI! :smile: I am considering on going in late july of this year also for PS, but since i might go alone i am still debating on it. It would be awesome to also meet up with someone who is going for the same reasons!

Hello, I'm creating a group chat for an exclusive time frame only! Hopefully, we could join each other on the journey to Korea! You might be planning to go alone, but you don't have to be~! It's better to have someone to have your back during recovery :smile:

I'm going for rhino and these are the clinics I'm planning to consult with:
Trend, Apgujeong K, Gate, Baum, GNG, Opera.

I've found some cheap guesthouses on Airbnb that we could share together and get discounts. My trip is planned between June and July, 2017.

Please send me a message through my Kakao ID: bxxdam

[emoji5]
hi i just messaged you!

I'm planning to go in early July. Revision jaw surgery at The face dental and revision nose surgery at ilumi clinic.
I book a 2 bedroom apartment on airbnb. If anyone interested to share it with me can pm me. :smile:

Reactions: nala7
I am getting rhinoplasty in early August! Pretty sure I am going to go with April 31, but I am very nervous as this is my first surgery and I realllllly don't want a bad result. Anyone have an opinion on April 31? I know they are on the pricier side, but I am willing to pay if it means I am less likely to need a revision in the future.

I am getting rhinoplasty in early August! Pretty sure I am going to go with April 31, but I am very nervous as this is my first surgery and I realllllly don't want a bad result. Anyone have an opinion on April 31? I know they are on the pricier side, but I am willing to pay if it means I am less likely to need a revision in the future.

im in the same situation only that im going mid august. would love to hear about your experience. do you have kakaotalk? :smile:

Hey everyone! Not sure how far along you are on your journey, but maybe I can help. I'm Korean, born in the States aka a gyopo (교포). My family works with plastic surgery clinics in Seoul so maybe I can give a few pointers.

1) Don't just look at Apgujeong for plastic surgery clinics. Although Apgujeong might have the most, it's not necessarily the best. I also recommend looking at places around Gangnam Station. Easy to find... just look for Gangnam on Line 2 for subway. If you're using a taxi, say "Gangnam-Yeok."

2) Depending on what types of surgery you're having, it won't be necessary to have someone accompany you. If you're getting something simple like double eye-lid surgery or rhinoplasty, you should be fine. Most of the time, they'll use a local rather than general anesthesia. Quite a few clinics will have their private transportation to take you back to your hotel/airbnb/etc. If you are getting surgery that is a bit more extensive/intensive, then I recommend having someone with you.

3) When you do your consultation, don't be afraid to ask as many questions. This is your face/body/peace of mind. Good plastic surgery clinics WILL NOT pressure you into getting surgery. Good one's understand this is a really big deal, especially if you're a foreigner.

4) Because summer time is coming up in a few weeks, definitely try to set up appointments/consultations asap. You aren't just going to be dealing with Korean patients trying to get surgery, but those from Japan, mainland China (a lot), Mongolia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Russia... list goes on.​

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them for you. Have fun in Korea and enjoy your experience!!!!

Hey everyone! Not sure how far along you are on your journey, but maybe I can help. I'm Korean, born in the States aka a gyopo (교포). My family works with plastic surgery clinics in Seoul so maybe I can give a few pointers.

1) Don't just look at Apgujeong for plastic surgery clinics. Although Apgujeong might have the most, it's not necessarily the best. I also recommend looking at places around Gangnam Station. Easy to find... just look for Gangnam on Line 2 for subway. If you're using a taxi, say "Gangnam-Yeok."

2) Depending on what types of surgery you're having, it won't be necessary to have someone accompany you. If you're getting something simple like double eye-lid surgery or rhinoplasty, you should be fine. Most of the time, they'll use a local rather than general anesthesia. Quite a few clinics will have their private transportation to take you back to your hotel/airbnb/etc. If you are getting surgery that is a bit more extensive/intensive, then I recommend having someone with you.

3) When you do your consultation, don't be afraid to ask as many questions. This is your face/body/peace of mind. Good plastic surgery clinics WILL NOT pressure you into getting surgery. Good one's understand this is a really big deal, especially if you're a foreigner.

4) Because summer time is coming up in a few weeks, definitely try to set up appointments/consultations asap. You aren't just going to be dealing with Korean patients trying to get surgery, but those from Japan, mainland China (a lot), Mongolia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Russia... list goes on.​

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them for you. Have fun in Korea and enjoy your experience!!!!

can i add you on kakao? :smile: