Food Grossest Foods EVER! Don't read if you've just had a meal/are about to have a meal...

So I thought I'd start a new thread for us to share with each other what are some of the grossest foods they've heard of.

Of course, the adjective of "gross" is all subjective...what is gross to one person may actually be considered a delicacy by another!! For example a friend of mine thinks raw fish and sushi is disgusting...personally for me it's probably one of the best foods EVER!!!

So I'll start:

** some of the below are not for those with weak stomaches!!! Read with caution!! ***

My dad used to travel a lot for business and he's probably seen some of the weirdest foods around Asia...here are two:​

In the past in Vietnam, they used to FRY coconut worms. Now I don't know if they're called coconut worms, but this is the word for it in Chinese, and they do grow in coconut trees and apparently there's usually only one worm per tree. They are medium sized, white, fat and juicy. They would deep fry these worms...!!​

** This one is really gross **
Not sure if they do that any more, but again in another Asian country they take live monkeys and crack open their brains...and you would eat the brain RAW!!!

In Korea this is considered a delicacy I think...live little squids are put on your plate. You then use a chopstick, jab it up their body from underneath, twist to kill the squid and then dip it in some hot sauce and just eat the squid raw!! :wtf:

Okay, would anyone else like to share? :P

i have seen it in a video called faces of death...the SICKEST video ever!! They have a special table with a hole in the center and it open up so they money can be placed it once it's closed the head sticks out and well you know the rest:wtf::sick:

My husband travels alot to Asia and is pretty liberal on what he chooses to eat. He loves the fact that the Asian business colleagues take hime out and try to gross him out with the things they order. He surprises them right back by eating everything..... but he draws the line at dog.

Funny story....... he gets his eat anything attitude from his family. They all have cast iron guts. I have seen them cut the green off the steak and just cook and eat it, MG GOd people, great meat is rotting! Anyway, funny story, my inlaws have a big house with many windows. They live in suburbia but on a big block next to a river. THey are sitting in the living room and hear a bang. Up they get to find a pidgeon had flown into the window and broken its neck. Most people would bury it, right! My ILs plucked and ate it for dinner that night!!!!!

We love sushi and took us years to work our way up to trying Urchin...well the first time it was sweet and watery. Very nice. We should have stopped there.

The second time, different time of year, different restaurant, we tried again....:throwup: something was very wrong and we both looked at each other and spit it out!!! HAAAA gross gross nasty disgusting. will never try it again.

and one time we tried making stuffed squid (a favorite vietnamese dish with tomatoes and garlic) at home and let's just say, it was the worst dinner disaster of our entire cooking adulthood! smelly, bloated, just plain R-U-D-E.

OMG!! I was dying to try sea urchin after my dad told me what a delicacy it was!! I've always been a sushi lover so eating raw seafood is no problem for me...but like you I would NEVER try urchin AGAIN. My boyfriend and I tried it and it tasted like puke!!! And along with the mushy texture it was grosssss...I had bad breath afterwards...:Push:

I remember when I was around 12, I saw a video about Eskimos. After they butchered a seal they would drink the blood right away. The blood was kinda gooey (looks alot like clotted blood) and they would take it in their hands and suck it into their mouths! That scene of the documentary was forever imbedded into my brain!

Then when I was 14, I went to China with my mom. We stayed in a 5 star hotel and ate in their restaurant. They brought out this dish and I swear I was going to cry. The poor little dog had all it's fur plucked away and it looked so peaceful curled up in the plate. It's skin was all toasted brown and shiny. And no, it didn't have an apple in it's mouth like they do with pigs. I was so upset that I had to leave the table and go back to my room. When my mom came back to the room, I asked her if she ate it and she said no, she couldn't do it. THANK GOD!

AND...Monkey brains????? EEEWWW! I thought that was just in the movies! Remember Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? Where they went to India and they were served chilled monkey brains??? Why do I remember this stuff?

Eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I know I was asking for it when I opened this thread but still.. :Push::yucky::throwup:

When it comes to food I'm pretty tame. The "grossest" thing I've ever ate would have to be either snails or frog legs and that's IT!

I'll share! but this one is real sick, (to me) i was watching the learning/geographic channels. After i seen this i was sick to my stomach, but i did sit there and watch it so what does it say about me. geez
anywayz.. theres this asian country..its suppose to be a delecacy but they wait till the chicken egg has develped an embryo after a certain amount of days..then they boil it and eat it! they sell them on the streets..the guy who ate it said it wasnt as bad as u think..i was like :throwup:

i saw that in the phillipines my friend tried one & thought i was going to:throwup:

OMG!! I was dying to try sea urchin after my dad told me what a delicacy it was!! I've always been a sushi lover so eating raw seafood is no problem for me...but like you I would NEVER try urchin AGAIN. My boyfriend and I tried it and it tasted like puke!!! And along with the mushy texture it was grosssss...I had bad breath afterwards...:Push:

I like uni!

My Dad told me about lobster sashimi where the lobster was still moving and crawling off the plate! :wacko: