Food Grocery store sushi nutrition info?

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
urban jungle
I just downed a package of sushi from Whole foods as a pre-workout snack. How many calories do you think are in one pack? I usually get Salmon and Avocado or Spicy Salmon Avocado, both with white rice. I think that each package has around 8 pieces of sushi.

grayxie

NOMtacular!
Mar 28, 2008
PA
Don't forget to take into consideration the amount of soy sauce used, the amount of sodium can be quite shocking. One time at the supermarket I saw some gals trying to have a light lunch by ordering sushi, well they literally had 15 packets of soy sauce for about 12 pieces of sushi.:wtf:

Zophie

Feb 14, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Don't forget to take into consideration the amount of soy sauce used, the amount of sodium can be quite shocking. One time at the supermarket I saw some gals trying to have a light lunch by ordering sushi, well they literally had 15 packets of soy sauce for about 12 pieces of sushi.:wtf:

wow, and I thought I used a lot of soy sauch! I love my soy sauce but I use maybe 3 - 5 packets.

Oh, and I love Whole Foods sushi. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but I figure it's healthier than a lot of other options. And usually I'll eat a roll and some sashimi.

bagaholic85

Sep 14, 2007
i <3 ny
i read once that depending on wat is in each piece, you can estimate between 25-50cals/piece. i would say light "snaking" rolls of just cucumber or carrots would be 25 and something heftier like alaska roll or eel would be closer to 50