Gris Vert Edith?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I have been eyeing this color for a while, but I am not sure what the colors looks like in real life. Has anyone seen this? Does it have a green cast to it? Or is it more dark grey? My thinking, I suppose, is that it is a dark version of mousse...sort of. I love the shoulder version, but I think I would sometimes go sans strap. I wish the price on the shoulder was not so outrageous! :shrugs:

EdithGrisVert.jpg EdithGrisVertheld.jpg Edithshoulderside.jpg Edithsizecomparison.jpg
  2. Hi ETenebris! I've seen the dark grey edith. Its kinda greyish green, it somehow reminds me of a wet cement color. The shoulder version is really nice.

3. It looks like a green/grey, no?

4. It is definitely a grey/green. It is beautiful IRL too- I saw it at NM (not the classic Edith but antoher variation) and it was truly beautiful!!! It is a deeper green than mousse as well.

5. I saw it at Nordstrom SCP in the shoulder version - really beautiful color! Yes, grey/green combo.

6. Oooh, I saw this at HN yesterday - its definitely a darker version of the mousse. Its very pretty - I was posing with it for a while. :shame:

7. I would also say light grey/green (if I am thinking of the right color). It does not have the slight blue undertone that I recall the mousse having. Is there a darker green as well? I would describe the color I saw as light olive or slight sage. I was not fond of it. But the chocolate was nice... (What can I say, I like the deep, rich colors...)

8. There is a chocolate, and also an olive...but those are different from the gris-vert. I think the olive has a pretty strong yellow undertone, at least from the pics I have seen.

9. I have a gris vert, and I can't say that it has a green undertone although many TPFers said so. To me, it's just grey, like concrete...or off-black. On pictures, they looked a bit different because of the flash and lighting.

10. That's not the bag in your avatar, is it? Can you post some pics please? I am dying to see what the gris vert REALLY looks like! Thanks!

11. Those of you who have actually SEEN the gris-vert...would you say that the old LVR pic of "mousse" is what the gris-vert actually looks like in person?

0098.JPG.jpg
  12. ET, I love that grey color shown in the paddington photo! What a versatile and beautiful color! I can only see it working for the fall/winter months though? Maybe I'm wrong. If I lived up north I would definitely get this color. Alas, I am in Florida and don't think it would work down here.

13. ET, I looked at Edith colors today for you in NM. The olive, chocolate, and gris-vert (I think!) bags were side by side. I can now see the similarity between gris-vert and mousse. Gris-vert is a bit darker and does not have the slight blue (?) tinge of the mousse.

14. In the pics it looks like a pretty and versatile color. It would be great for fall & winter.

15. Thanks SoCal! You are awesome! :yes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice