gris tourterelle vs parchemin

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all! I'm contemplating my next Birkin 35 purchase and I'm looking at either Gris t or Parchemin. I want a light colored neutral. Which color do you prefer and with which hardware and why?

2. I think this one for me depends on what you currently own...can you tell us?

3. I see your siggy and I do agree parchemin with gold is spot on and gris T is perfection with palladium.

4. ^^ ITA. i wanted to add that a friend of mine owns a parchemin togo birkin with GHW and it is stunning! parchemin tends more towards a warmer cream/ivory color, so the GHW complements it SO beautifully. i'm not an ivory/light-colored bag kinda person, but her bag made me want one!!

5. I am so glad you said that BHmommy as I have had this combo on the brain for quite a while. It is so pretty!

6. I only own 1 Birkin, a black chevre 35 cm... i like neutrals, not really into fun colors.

7. ^^ then i would say go with the parchemin GHW. since you already have a black birkin to go with the cool-tone items in your wardrobe, i think a birkin to go with warmer-tone outfits would be perfect! :tup:

8. I would have to agree here^^

9. I love neutrals too, and the way you described parchemin with GHW sounds beautiful! Anyone have a picture?

10. vote for gris tourterele..... but i'm biased.. hehe

11. I would like to throw in the colour Craie, it's in between Parchemin and GT (not as warm as the former and warmer than the latter). IMO, it's a truly neutral neutral and less common than Parchemin/GT. Since you already have a GHW Birkin, a Craie with PHW would be a great addition, covering the light neutral with a different hw. The potential issue is, Craie is only available in Swift.

ETA : I had/have both Parchemin and Gris T, I find Craie to be the most neutral of all three colours and could take both phw/ghw. It is an off-white that is not as stark as Blanc and less yellowy/grey than Parchemin and Gris T.

12. Of the two colors you mentioned I think that Gris T is more versatile as I think it can go year round, it mixes well with a slightly darker color palette than parchemein in my opinion. These are both lovely paler neutrals, but I think you would get more mileage from the Gris T.

13. i love gris T, great neutral
    with browns or grey or navy
    I use mine gris T a lot:biggrin:

14. thanks for your input everyone! i'm still torn...

15. you are so right about Craie! its beautiful and both HWs looks great with it... my only problem is that i want a more structured leather. :shame: