gris poivre rggh 12 pom pon :keep it or not??

CHLOEGLAMOUR

Blonde Member
O.G.
Jul 2, 2007
hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!i just got my one and only 2012 S/S balenciaga purchase :Pom pom 2012 gris poivre with mini rose gold hardware !i absolutely LOVE the color, it is a mix of papyrus and noix and changes with different lightings, i also love the leather because it is nicely distressed and not dry(even better than my papyrus)

...however...i am not loving this new mini giant hardware and probably the contrast of rggh against this colour is not tdf as i expected. I USED TO HAVE A GGH POM POM NOIX that loved to pieces and the only reason i sold it was the weight .This is much more light compared to orginal ggh pom pom , but i am on the fence if keep it or returning it(with 10% of re stocking fees!) ..so please i need your opinion !! please consider that i still have my papyrus rggh and colours are almost identical , poivre is a shade darker and with no boring green undertones you see in papyrus. I POSTED SOME PICTURES OF poivre compared to papyrus and modeling pictures of my ex pom pon and the actual pom ....TIA!
041-2.jpg

039-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

025-3.jpg

2265Balenciagagiantpomponbag.jpg

Well I love the colour too - I hadn't realised it was so brown....and I do like browns!
I also like it with the RG......but it does look like a 'bloated' mini pom as the GH must be the same size on both?!
I thought I would like the miniGH but when I got my miniGSH anthra it seemed 'wrong'.
The weight is obviously better for you ....and the strap looks so much shorter?
Crikey...tough decision!!

I love the gris poivre now that I see your posts - love the veins and distressing - the color looks good with the rose gold but I - too - wish the hardware was bigger - especially with the large expanse of leather on the pom pon - personally I would keep it because of the color and leather.

thanks nancy and mere :the colour is more grey than my pictures but it has more brown/taupe compared with papyrus , reminds me noix .... and hardware is bigger than mini pom pom (it is the same size as giant brogues) but smaller than old giant!

the leather is great , but i would like to enlarge the hardware...

While I'm not crazy about the proportions from the center panel to the bottom of the bag (looks more cluttered than the regular GH due to all the detail being on top), I do love the color and style on you. It's a tough choice F! If you are not really and truly loving the mini RGGH then return it and pay the restocking fee. Selling on your own may be a loss as well, and there is less headache with a return.

I think it is fantastic! Love the color, combo and I don't think the hardware size seems to be that different from the original pom hardware. This is combo is certainly on my wishlist. You look amazing in both photos and def rock the GP! Work it!

Love the color - yummy
Love the Hardware - does'nt look mini at all ;)
Don't like the pom pon - but that's just me
But you are right, the hardware with the color of the bag does look a tiny bit blah. GGH would have been so nice. You should really love it if you spend all thoese euros. I must pointbout that you look lovely as always ;)

Love this combo~!! However.. with that said it doesn't sound like you're absolutely loving it & on top of that having a similar color combo in a different style. Would you be able to get store credit in return for something else that catches your eye later on?

i actually love this bag! i agree with you that the old hardware looks better on the pom but it makes it sooo heavy! i think this bag will look great once it's broken in...

While I'm not crazy about the proportions from the center panel to the bottom of the bag (looks more cluttered than the regular GH due to all the detail being on top), I do love the color and style on you. It's a tough choice F! If you are not really and truly loving the mini RGGH then return it and pay the restocking fee. Selling on your own may be a loss as well, and there is less headache with a return.
exactly my thoughts ROEY, handles are so thin compared to the old giant pompon and the bag has a "strange" shape , but i do really love colour and leather , i can consider returning it and getting a rh part time or work ....:thinking:

btw thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR:biggrin:

Love this combo~!! However.. with that said it doesn't sound like you're absolutely loving it & on top of that having a similar color combo in a different style. Would you be able to get store credit in return for something else that catches your eye later on?
:nuts:ciao *R* how are you?

no store credit , italian stores don't have great retrun policies :sad: but i can exchange it with a rh part time , city or work (actually in stock) thanks and happy new year !

I think it is fantastic! Love the color, combo and I don't think the hardware size seems to be that different from the original pom hardware. This is combo is certainly on my wishlist. You look amazing in both photos and def rock the GP! Work it!
thank you so much for your sweet comment and happy 2012:rockettes: