Gris etain vs etain and Gris asphalt

IMG_6307.jpg

this was reposted from an IG pic...both beautiful colors.. Gris etain on the left and etain on the right. Would love to hear more opinions and experiences with the three neutrals including Gris asphalte :smile:

In January, my SA surprised me with a kelly 28 PHW in Gris Asphalte. It's beautiful and a lovely neutral. IMO it's definitely a warmer gray, hinting towards a tiny bit taupe. Just a beautiful color for me as I wear mostly black, navy, gray and blush colors.

Reactions: Sofiko and lisatw
Hi ladies! Need some advice. I’ve been debating between etain and gris Asphalt for a kelly sellier in Epsom. I like the lighter Gris Asphalt shade but worried it may be too light, as a kelly constantly brushes against our clothes when carried on a sling.. Etain is more edgy and a less worrisome color but can appear quite dark.

I found a ‘kept unused’ A stamp (figured it’s from 2017) gris Asphalt kelly on the resale market. I won’t be able to see the bag as it’ll only be delivered via shipping now. I am concerned about things like mould, musty storage smell, and the sticker appears to be missing from the front knob.

View attachment 4047415

this was reposted from an IG pic...both beautiful colors.. Gris etain on the left and etain on the right. Would love to hear more opinions and experiences with the three neutrals including Gris asphalte :smile:

They’re the same, gris étain and étain, leathers from year to year will have slight variations in uptake of color. That’s why the pic here is slightly off between the two bags.
As for gris asphalte, I love this color too. It’s my preferred grey in the summer, but my étain B is my favorite year round bag. They are quite different, one is warmer, the other cool toned.

Reactions: Hermes Zen
Hi ladies! Need some advice. I’ve been debating between etain and gris Asphalt for a kelly sellier in Epsom. I like the lighter Gris Asphalt shade but worried it may be too light, as a kelly constantly brushes against our clothes when carried on a sling.. Etain is more edgy and a less worrisome color but can appear quite dark.

I found a ‘kept unused’ A stamp (figured it’s from 2017) gris Asphalt kelly on the resale market. I won’t be able to see the bag as it’ll only be delivered via shipping now. I am concerned about things like mould, musty storage smell, and the sticker appears to be missing from the front knob.
I have B25 Gris Asphalt and love it. I find this color very practical and with more use then Etain as I wear it all the seasons - it’s light enough for summer and pastel colors and dark enough for winter and grayish clothing.Good luck deciding! :flowers:

I have B25 Gris Asphalt and love it. I find this color very practical and with more use then Etain as I wear it all the seasons - it’s light enough for summer and pastel colors and dark enough for winter and grayish clothing.Good luck deciding! :flowers:
Thank you so much for your reply! Yes it is a lovely shade of grey!

Reactions: Sofiko