Griet Handbag - Does age make a difference?

GinaLove

Oct 2, 2008
Hello Everybody!

I am in love with the LV Griet handbag especially the Damier one. I want to get this bag soooo badly but my best friend thinks am too young to carry this bag. She says it's "too old lady". I am 20 years old, go to college and have a part time job working as an executive assistant.

I can afford the bag if I purchase if off Ebay. There are currently 2 Griet's listed that are just to die for! The one I really want is ending on Saturday and I don't know what to do!!

I usually carry a monogram speedy or my neverfull mm but I want something more sophisticated and special.

What do you guys think? I usually just check out everyone posts and drool over all the gorgeous bags in this forum.

Please help! I really want to purchase it but need that extra little push since my best friend thinks it's too much and doesn't suit her taste. :tdown:

Thank you!

I have the Griet in Mono and I love it. Do keep in ming that it is a HUGE bag, very roomy but because of it's size also makes it quite heavy. If you are a small/petite gal I woulndn't recommend it. But it is georgous and classy and certainly one you don't see everywhere. HTH. Good luck with your decision.

If you like it, def go for it. It is a more mature bag, but I think any one would look great carrying it. I think it would really work well with casual clothes and dress the look up.

At first, I found LV "too oldish", esp the Damier. But it grew on me..

Griet is my first handbag in Damier because of functionality (roomy), practicality (no patinas) and style (it's a classic). I believe it's how you "carry".. I can see that you really like the bag. Go for it! :tup:

Live your own life, not someone else's. You sound like you love it so definitely go for it. It is a beautiful classy bag. I will keep my fingers crossed that you win it!!!!

Thank you all! I definitely will try to go for it, I am loving all the positive input here.

I think it is a bag that I will be able to carry for*more than just one or two seasons.

I'm so excited now! THANK YOU!!! hehehe

One more question:

I am 5'7 and 120lbs - ish...do you think I will be able to carry it off since it's quite big?

I have seen it on two ladies who were a bit shorter but weighed more than me and I thought it looked cute.

Just wondering! :smile: