Griet Handbag - Does age make a difference?

GinaLove

Oct 2, 2008
Hello Everybody!

I am in love with the LV Griet handbag especially the Damier one. I want to get this bag soooo badly but my best friend thinks am too young to carry this bag. She says it's "too old lady". I am 20 years old, go to college and have a part time job working as an executive assistant.

I can afford the bag if I purchase if off Ebay. There are currently 2 Griet's listed that are just to die for! The one I really want is ending on Saturday and I don't know what to do!!

I usually carry a monogram speedy or my neverfull mm but I want something more sophisticated and special.

What do you guys think? I usually just check out everyone posts and drool over all the gorgeous bags in this forum.

Please help! I really want to purchase it but need that extra little push since my best friend thinks it's too much and doesn't suit her taste. :tdown:

Thank you!

chinga324

May 25, 2008
I have the Griet in Mono and I love it. Do keep in ming that it is a HUGE bag, very roomy but because of it's size also makes it quite heavy. If you are a small/petite gal I woulndn't recommend it. But it is georgous and classy and certainly one you don't see everywhere. HTH. Good luck with your decision.

Micci

O.G.
Oct 3, 2007
At first, I found LV "too oldish", esp the Damier. But it grew on me..

Griet is my first handbag in Damier because of functionality (roomy), practicality (no patinas) and style (it's a classic). I believe it's how you "carry".. I can see that you really like the bag. Go for it! :tup:

GinaLove

Oct 2, 2008
Thank you all! I definitely will try to go for it, I am loving all the positive input here.

I think it is a bag that I will be able to carry for*more than just one or two seasons.

I'm so excited now! THANK YOU!!! hehehe

GinaLove

Oct 2, 2008
One more question:

I am 5'7 and 120lbs - ish...do you think I will be able to carry it off since it's quite big?

I have seen it on two ladies who were a bit shorter but weighed more than me and I thought it looked cute.

Just wondering! :smile: