Grief over Oprah Situation

crochetbella said:
Ktown, thank you for your story. It was wondeful! :flowers:

You know, having worked retail I really feel for SA's when customers expect to stay late or arrive to try on clothes five minutes before closing. Sometimes it is fun if you don't have plans that night and the customer is really nice, but some nights you just want to get home! When I worked at JJill we had a lady come in at five minutes to closing and take tons of clothes to the dressing room and she stayed for an hour and a half. (You couldn't tell her you were closing or kick her out.) She didn't end up buying anything either. :rant: :rolleyes:

I worked at NY & CO one summer and we had a lady like this! She'd bring along 2 or 3 kids.. take a HUGE amount of clothes in before closing and take forever trying them on and asking for different sizes while her kids ran around. Then she'd leave ALL the clothes on a heap in the floor and buy nothing. I used to pray she wouldn't show up whenever I was working the fitting rooms.. what a nightmare! Of course I was always pleasant on the outside to her but inside I was :rant: LOL.

ktown said:
We just love HERMES, he is a hoot.However, HERMES is not at all happy to have a new puppy in the house, he is not being very friendly at all. HERMES is just beautiful, a really good looking boy. My daughter just recieved a new puppy a few days age he is a POMERANIAN and his name is "FENDI". OMG, am I crazy or what two dogs! Fendi, is 10 weeks cute, cute. He sits down like a cat, it looks so funny. I love this site. I discovered it by accident. Thanks for your reply, we love Hermes and also CHANEL!!!!!!!

POMERANIAN?!!!:nuts: Do you have a picture of your puppies???? I have a Pom too! And several members on this forum have a Yorkie.

I have put this off however, I will draft a letter this week. It seems so unfair that this company received such bad press because of this. If you could have seen me in my pj's, coat flying open, wet hair, running down the street with my daughter screaming, hurry, hurry. This was indeed a funny sight, the streets were still very crowded with people. I can imagine they all thought that we had just been released from the insane ward of the hospital as a Chrisrmas gift. Both of us have had so many good laughs about this story. I stuck my feet into my boots but my daughter had on her bedroom slippers. You can not imagine how wet we were walking into HERMES dripping. I chuckle at the thought.

I will ask my daughter to takes some pictures. FENDI, is so cute and HERMES is smart, smart. He is just amazing, knows the words toy, eat, outside, ride, play, when you spell them. I will say do not spell any words , I do not want to get his you know what . Now when you say his you know what , he knows it is his toy and starts the loudest barking you have ever heard. As I said he is not being very friendly with Fendi, does not seems to like the puppy at all. Hopefully, he just needs some adjustment time and we hope that he will acceptthe puppy soon.

Thank you she is indeed a lovely young lady. She came into my life with much sadness, but has brought me so much joy. Her mother my daughter died from a VIRAL MYOCARDITIS when she was 11 weeks old and only 16 pounds. Her mom was trying to get up because she was crying and just dropped dead. No one knew she was ill, no symptoms, she was to return to Europe the next week. She did not drink, smoke , or use any type of drugs. I fly to the U.S. the next day,buried her mother and returned with her to Europe. It is just the two of us and we do just fine. On the day that she was born I asked her mother want to do desire for your daughter in life. She told me that she wanted her child to have good character, moral intergity, empathy, manners and to just be a decent human being. Then with a laugh she told me I want her to speak fluent French, carry Hermes and Chanel bags, and wear Chanel jackets. I promised her in death that I would make her dreams come true. Our daughter is simply beautiful, stunning, a really classic beauty. A daughter with good character, moral intergity, empathy, and very fine manners, and speaks beautiful French. A daughter who carries CHANEL bags and wears CHANEL jackets. A wonderful daughter who will have that HERMES birkin when she is 18 just the way her mother wanted. I adopted her because it is good to be able to say, "mom", to someone.I could never have asked for a better daughter, her mother was a true jewel, and left to me another precious jewel.

Ktown, your story made me cry. I was raised by my grandmother because my mom was killed by a drunk driver when I was four. Your daughter is so lucky to have you. I think it is wonderful that you have fulfilled her mother's dreams for her and I am sure you are so proud of the fine young woman she's become. :flowers:

Ktown....what a beautiful and inspirational story! I was moved to tears by it! God Bless and may you have many, many happy and beautiful days ahead.....

Oh my, you guys are so kind. I know your grandmother's pain, my God a drunk driver. I have cried so much over the years, I sometimes think there are no more tear to be made. There are no words to describe this pain, it is not the correct order of things. However, I have a lovely gift that was left to my keeping. It has not been easy being a single mom, but you just must do what needs to be done and continue to move on. Is it simply amazing how our love of bags brings people together. We have basically no family and I pray each and every day that I will live to see this child out on her own, being able to take complete care of herself. I try and live with this thought each day," SPEAK THOSE THINGS THAT ARE NOT AS IF THEY WERE SO". I will speak only goodness and happiness for this child.

ktown said:
SPEAK THOSE THINGS THAT ARE NOT AS IF THEY WERE SO". I will speak only goodness and happiness for this child.

:crybaby:

Both of you have such moving stories.

And ktown, this quote up above is more powerful than most people realize. You are doing a wonderful thing for her.