Grey Zues vs. Eucalyptus

kikiWoo

O.G.
Feb 8, 2008
Forgive me if comparison pics have already been posted, but I couldn't find any. I'm dying for a grey bag and can't decide between the grey zues and the eucalyptus. I know the grey zues is a stiffer 'sparkly' leather and the eucalyptus a matte softer leather but I'm really wondering about the color difference and would love to see them side by side. I figure some hottie out there has to have a bag/wallet in these 2 greys. TIA!!!
Also, which one would you get???

Grey Zeus is cooler and deeper, IMHO, and Eucalyptus is lighter and warmer, and you're spot-on about the diffs in the leather. I'd go for Eucalyptus, since I like warmer (greeney) greys.

I agree with what's been said above, but I think both are beautiful. I'd choose by style, because either one is worth having.

I have a GZ Clutch Wallet, Eucalyptus Zelda boots, and Grey Tharpe.

Thanks, do you guys think the GZ would be more durable with the glazing? I'm always afraid of 'naked' leathers, especially lighter colored ones, that can easily be stained, scratched etc. This may be the deciding factor for me. Does anyone out there with a Euc bag fear the leather may be easily marked/stained?

I know what you mean... Fafnir's right... don't forget the other/original "grey" (sometimes called "Elephant", I think) that a lot of earlier bags came in... Tharpe, Sonia, Mercer Satchel? I have that leather (it's pebbly and quite thick) in a carryall. It was my first carryall and it's indestructible. I have another in Yam and now Ginger (both "naked") and I'm much more careful with them.

Thanks, do you guys think the GZ would be more durable with the glazing? I'm always afraid of 'naked' leathers, especially lighter colored ones, that can easily be stained, scratched etc. This may be the deciding factor for me. Does anyone out there with a Euc bag fear the leather may be easily marked/stained?

Hi, I have a GZ trophy and EUC kira. I would concur with what others have said...GZ is a true grey (almost has a blueish tint to it) and EUC definitely has a greenish tint to it.

GZ is a lot more durable that EUC. I wouldn't say the EUC leather is delicate but it can scratch. I've been carrying the kira for about a week and have yet to scratch it but then I am pretty careful with my bags.

I'm at work right now but will try to post comparison pics tonight. You can definitely see a big difference when they are side-by-side.

Hi, I have a GZ trophy and EUC kira. I would concur with what others have said...GZ is a true grey (almost has a blueish tint to it) and EUC definitely has a greenish tint to it.

GZ is a lot more durable that EUC. I wouldn't say the EUC leather is delicate but it can scratch. I've been carrying the kira for about a week and have yet to scratch it but then I am pretty careful with my bags.

I'm at work right now but will try to post comparison pics tonight. You can definitely see a big difference when they are side-by-side.
Thank you! I think it would be great for everyone to see these side by side... a grey comparison pic, it would be awesome if you had something in the 'old school' grey too! I've made up my mind to go with the GZ, mostly for durability and I do love things that sparkle! HHH's are the best!

Here is my grey clutch wallet,eucalyptus Havana, and Grey zeus Trophy. Hope this helps!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

WOW! Thanks so much! :urock:
That second photo is a great comparison of the 3 HH greys! The euc is so much warmer than I thought, and lighter. So the leather on the old grey seems almost the same finish/type as the euc just a cooler version. These are great pics. I wonder if we have/should have a thread just for comparison shots of different HH color families!

ooo i love the comparison shot, nikki! your gz trophy looks awesome...I think you've inspired me to take mine out of the dustbag and out for a spin. It's been sitting there in limbo for a few months. The havana looks fab too.