Grey Sangle or Cabas Tote?

Both are stunning! Are they Grey or Cloud? I think it’s important to think about what you’re going to use them for and which style feels and suits your needs and aesthetic more, but again I don’t think you can go wrong with either. Modshots if you have them could help too.

ETA - we definitely need more modshots of both bags in the forum as well as what’s in my bag pictures, when I bought my Cabas Phantom I couldn’t find much info on IG or YouTube

Last edited:
I have both, love both and wear them most out of all my bags! Sangle gets more compliments;) Althought I should mention that strap doesn’t always stay on slick fabrics so if I’m wearing a winter jacket or a rain coat it’s a bit of a struggle and the strap slips. It’s not a major issue for me. Both bags equally functional.

I'm not a big fan of the sangle in general, so my answer is biased towards the cabas. But I echo considering your needs. I'd also compare weight if I were you, cause it's important this bag is comfortable for long periods of time too!

Both are stunning! Are they Grey or Cloud? I think it’s important to think about what you’re going to use them for and which style feels and suits your needs and aesthetic more, but again I don’t think you can go wrong with either. Modshots if you have them could help too.

ETA - we definitely need more modshots of both bags in the forum as well as what’s in my bag pictures, when I bought my Cabas Phantom I couldn’t find much info on IG or YouTube

Tag says grey, but I think natural light from nearby window washes it out. It's darker irl, great neutral if you don't want black. Wish i had a full length mirror or else I'd take more mod shots to help decide, and to help others in future. Thank goodness there was one thread with tote pics that I studied at length! i love how useful the tote is, but the sangle is just a cool bag.

Reactions: reginaPhalange
I have both, love both and wear them most out of all my bags! Sangle gets more compliments;) Althought I should mention that strap doesn’t always stay on slick fabrics so if I’m wearing a winter jacket or a rain coat it’s a bit of a struggle and the strap slips. It’s not a major issue for me. Both bags equally functional.

do you have different colors for your tote vs your sangle? i'm thinking maybe swap out the grey sangle for a black...although i already have the med cabas tote too...hmm, not helping myself here, but black is always the exception right?
thanks for the tip about the strap, I can see how that can get annoying. the tote is going to be more functional for me because the base is wider and i can fit my laptop. the sangle will probably be for no laptop days and seasonal weather so I don't worry about coats.

Reactions: Tote Ali
I'm not a big fan of the sangle in general, so my answer is biased towards the cabas. But I echo considering your needs. I'd also compare weight if I were you, cause it's important this bag is comfortable for long periods of time too!
would like to hear why you're not a fan, perhaps it'll be something I didn't think about or bc I haven't owned one. weight-wise, i lifted both in each hand and the sangle felt a little big heavier. dont know if it's b/c it was very structured out of the bag, while the tote is more smushy.

sangle kind of reminds me of a bucket bag. i wonder if it'll soften up and be more smushy after more wear.

I have both and use my phantom cabas much more often. You can’t hand carry the sangle.
yup, can already attest to how much i adore the tote since i got it first and the grey will be my 3rd, if i keep it. also looked at the sangle, since I was curious did your sangle soften up or does it stay structured after use?

Reactions: SBunz25
I like the look of the sangle better but find the cabat more user friendly.

that's my dilemma, why can't it be both! must say the tote is a great price point compared to the other celine bags. i wonder if celine ever does price increases on the tote or sangle. the sangle is more expensive than the tote...

do you have different colors for your tote vs your sangle? i'm thinking maybe swap out the grey sangle for a black...although i already have the med cabas tote too...hmm, not helping myself here, but black is always the exception right?
thanks for the tip about the strap, I can see how that can get annoying. the tote is going to be more functional for me because the base is wider and i can fit my laptop. the sangle will probably be for no laptop days and seasonal weather so I don't worry about coats.
Black Cabas and beige-ish (seasonal colour) Sangle. If you’re keeping both perhaps different Sangle colour would be a better option. ;)

Reactions: randr21
would like to hear why you're not a fan, perhaps it'll be something I didn't think about or bc I haven't owned one. weight-wise, i lifted both in each hand and the sangle felt a little big heavier. dont know if it's b/c it was very structured out of the bag, while the tote is more smushy.

sangle kind of reminds me of a bucket bag. i wonder if it'll soften up and be more smushy after more wear.

I like bucket bags, but I like them when there is a semblance of closure, which I dont feel the sangle has even when closed (feels gapey to me). I also like lighter weight bags and I'm not a big fan of the sangle aesthetic. Hope that makes sense

Reactions: randr21