Grey reissue received in POOR condition

tomz_grl

Apr 19, 2008
Hey Ladies! The hubby surprised me with the grey reissue today and I was so excited...until I opened the box to find it in HORRIBLE condition. It looks like it's been smooshed flat in a box without tissue. The bottom of it won't even lie flat. Is this normal for flaps? The only other Chanel I have is a GST and it wasn't in this condition. I can post pictures if need be.

chanel001.jpg

chanel002.jpg

And here's the extremely weathered clasp:
chanel003.jpg

He purchased at the Neimans in Atlanta

this is normal and all reissues are made this way to deliver the original 2.55 flap look when they first came out in Feb 1955 :yes:
btw, congrats on your gorgeous grep reissue ;) I have one too and love it to death..:heart::heart:

It is quite normal for them to fold the bags like that. Thats how to get shipped. Original condition in other words. Nothing to be alarmed off all reissues are like that. It will slowly take shape once you have used it and stuff tissues to make it more shapely. Enjoy it and dont worry to much its a gorgeous bag :yes:.

I have 4 reissues (from previous seasons) and none of mine came this way. None of them have the big crease on the bottom of the bag or on the top of the flap. It also depends on the material of the reissue, whether it is calfskin or goatskin. I purchased a goatskin one for fall 08 and returned it because it did look like this. It was the black matte with SH. Hope this helps, but you definitely need to be happy with it for the $$$$. Good luck!

Thanks everybody!
Does the bottom have cardboard like material in it? I'm just worried that it's never going to be flat. I may just be worrying for nothing but it's a LOT of money and I want to make sure it's basically perfect. Where can I tell which leather it's made out of?