Grey or Dark Plum -- Would you Help me Choose?

Which Color do you Prefer?

• Grey

• Dark Plum

Results are only viewable after voting.

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
So I've been giving this some thought while I save away -- I'm not sure which color stam I want to get: Grey or Dark Plum? I know that a lot of people haven't been a fan of the Grey since its really more of an Olive Green, but when I saw this bag in person it just melted my heart!! The grey tones do come out in certain lighting and it just looked so "natural" on my arm!

Then I came across goldenflower and grace7's pics of the Dark Plum -- WOW! is that a gorgeous color! I haven't seen the stam in this color, IRL, but I have seen the New Stella and Blake bags, which I believe are the same color.

I'm leaning towards the Grey -- it seems like such a unique color. It's not a definite grey, but it's not really green. Altho I do have a Paddington in Khaki and I don't own anything in that dark plum or burgundy-like color. I'm not a matchy-matchy person, so it doesn't matter what's in my wardrobe or what colors I wear most often (altho I do believe that both colors will go with almost anything!)

I have goldenglower's pic of both colors to use for comparison (I think both colors are just a little darker IRL) -- Dark Plum is front, Grey is in back. What color do you guys like?

Dark Plum or Grey?

starburststams.jpg

I looked at the dark plum last night at Caesar's when I was returning my murray street :sad: and it caught my eye right away, it is gorgeous, especially with the silver hardware. It is stunning! If I had to chose I would get the plum, hands down!

i don't think you could go wrong either way...but it seems you have your heart set on grey so thats what i voted for...but the plum is tdf also...either way you go you'll come out good! :tup:

Both color are gorgeous. I think I would prefer dark plum, I am not sure why, just like the color better. But the grey also is a fabulous color. It indeed looks a little grenish, but still very sophisticated. I think for you, iluvmybags, especially as you already said you kind of like the grey, I would stick with grey. You already have a plum colored regular stam, so I think this olive-grey pleated Stam would be a perfect addition to your already gorgeous collection.

For me I would choose the Plum but if you are in love with the gray you should have it. Any bag that "melts your heart" should definitely be yours. They are both beautiful.

I love both, and the Plum is gorgeous, but when you say the Grey "melted your heart" and "looked natural on your arm", I think you have your answer! There is no wrong way to go on this one, though. Either way you wind up with a winner!!

i saw the grey IRL, and in this particular bag i did not love it. i much preferred the plum. BUT if you happen to like it that is that matters, right?

I'm thinking that maybe I should ask them (MbyMJ store) to get a Dark Plum stam as well as the grey so that I can see them both IRL and make an "in-person" decision!! When I was there, they only had the grey and ivory stams -- they did have the Blake and Stella bags in the Dark Plum so I tried to imagine how it might look -- I've been leaning towards the grey, mainly because I don't care much for the Blake and Stella bags I've seen -- but perhaps in the Stam I might feel differently -- it's probably the style of the other two bags that's turning me off more than the color

I'm thinking that maybe I should ask them (MbyMJ store) to get a Dark Plum stam as well as the grey so that I can see them both IRL and make an "in-person" decision!! When I was there, they only had the grey and ivory stams -- they did have the Blake and Stella bags in the Dark Plum so I tried to imagine how it might look -- I've been leaning towards the grey, mainly because I don't care much for the Blake and Stella bags I've seen -- but perhaps in the Stam I might feel differently -- it's probably the style of the other two bags that's turning me off more than the color

I think that is your best bet! I love both but it really sounds like your heart wants the grey. ;)

i think you definitely should get the store to order a dark plum for you so you can see them both...
when i saw both at the mj sf store, i was at first loving the grey until i saw the dark plum...both are so gorgeous and so different...
plus the color names don't really describe what the color looks like...imo dark plum is like a nice black cherry...
i can't wait to see what you decide...i am having a similar debate (with the nordstrom daydream stam thrown in)...