Grey Lindsay Owners come share your knowledge!! Questions =)

kayyle

O.G.
Aug 1, 2008
I'm thinking about a Grey Lindsay since the Petrol is so darn rare (and $$$!). I've never seen this IRL & I'm trying to get an idea of how the Lindsay's vintage leather might be like.

1.Does it bear any resemblance to Vachetta leather? I've seen some pictures where the Grey Lindsay has scuffs and random scratches which I know is part of the vintage leather. But does it scratch as easily like the vachetta (ex. even a fingernail run ever so slightly = mark)?

My grey garcia I had was prone to random scratches here & there but no where as prone as my '07 walnut!

2.Is water as lethal to it as it is to Vachetta (Instant darkening h2o mark)?

3.I noticed what holds/connects the brass rings of the straps to the bag is the same metal hardware, and one side the hardware looks like it's low enough to touch surfaces: is there alot of clinking going on when fiddling with your Lindsay or settling it on hard surfaces?

4.And a general Lindsay question since I haven't really seen any full on pics of someone wearing the Lindsay (so that it shows only ends of it), does the Lindsay flatten at all w/ less stuff in it & worn on the shoulder? Or does it pretty much hold its width/shape?
.. I'm a bit wary of having bulky shoulder bag syndrome where my elbows are stickin all the way out just to rest my arm on my bag :lol:

I've sold my Grey tophandle & I miss having a grey bag! I would love to get the Garcia Tote in grey (or a grey zoe) but I thought it'd be more practical for me to get a grey in a different style since I already have the tote in black, and a Green Zoe.
-->Anybody have any other Grey bag suggestions??

If anybody can help me out that would be much appreciated!!! :flowers:

I'm curious about this as well, since I chose Petrol over Gray, because it seemed SO fragile to me! I saw a few of the matching Gray wallets at the outlet a couple weeks ago, and they all looked so scratchy compared to the Petrol & Espresso ones... maybe from being thrown around a bin all day? I don't know! FWIW, it didn't seem like water would be an issue like it is for the vachetta leather, but you never know :shrugs:

Sidenote: I looooove Lindsay, she's an absolutely gorgeous bag, and so functional too! I kind of want a Gray one still, so I'm looking forward to seeing the responses!

I have a Lindsay (in teal) and love her. I don't carry her a whole ton because I think she's very special and I only take her to special places. I don't THINK that she would fold and slouch down too much with less in her. The great thing about the Lindsay is that with the double zipper it helps to stabalize the bag. I did see a TON of them at Chicago Premiun outlets this past weekend, they were not getting snagged up like I'd think they would...they grey is gorgeous!!! Everyone was buying Carly's OFCOURSE!

I am not one to carry my bags on my shoulder..I do but it's not a MUST for me. Personally I think that Lindsay is too bulky to be carried on your shoulder, but I know alot of women have said that they do. I don't know what to tell you about the leather scratching, mine has not so far. The leather is more comparable I'd say to a thicker Zoe/Carly leather. It has more of a finish to it then then 06'07 Legacy bags. I'm going to post all the pic's I can of mine for you, including modeling.

Mine's not the color you want, but I'm sure you can take some other references from the pic's to help answer your questions!!!

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 111
Here comes more pic's.....

Attachments

• reveal006.JPG
    reveal006.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 39
  • reveal005.JPG
    reveal005.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 32
  • reveal004.JPG
    reveal004.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 32
  • reveal003.JPG
    reveal003.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 49
  • reveal002.JPG
    reveal002.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 58
few more.......

Attachments

• reveal007.JPG
    reveal007.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 31
  • reveal008.JPG
    reveal008.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 28
  • reveal009.JPG
    reveal009.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 29
  • reveal010.JPG
    reveal010.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 32
  • reveal001.JPG
    reveal001.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 40
I have a Lindsay (in teal) and love her. I don't carry her a whole ton because I think she's very special and I only take her to special places. I don't THINK that she would fold and slouch down too much with less in her. The great thing about the Lindsay is that with the double zipper it helps to stabalize the bag. I did see a TON of them at Chicago Premiun outlets this past weekend, they were not getting snagged up like I'd think they would...they grey is gorgeous!!! Everyone was buying Carly's OFCOURSE!

I am not one to carry my bags on my shoulder..I do but it's not a MUST for me. Personally I think that Lindsay is too bulky to be carried on your shoulder, but I know alot of women have said that they do. I don't know what to tell you about the leather scratching, mine has not so far. The leather is more comparable I'd say to a thicker Zoe/Carly leather. It has more of a finish to it then then 06'07 Legacy bags. I'm going to post all the pic's I can of mine for you, including modeling.

Mine's not the color you want, but I'm sure you can take some other references from the pic's to help answer your questions!!!

OOh thank you so much for your response & pictures Amanda :tup: You're right, the Lindsay seems like a very structured bag and not one that would slim down w/ less stuff.
Thanks for the straight on view of your modelng the Lindsay!! I've been wondering how she really looks under the arm like that since the modeling pics I've seen are sideways to show the whole bag.
She seems like one of those bags that I'd wear on the shoulder and have sticking out sideways behind me, whacking people when I turn, because it's bulky under the arm :roflmfao:(if you get what I mean!). I have noticed that I tend to wear some of my purses on my arms instead of shoulder, so I guess it would work out. I mean at least theres the shoulder wearing option available!
And btw your pics of your teal lindsay are absolutely gorgeous, the colour is so lively! Lindsay seems a bit wider than I like under the arms/on the shoulder but she looks great both ways modeled on you.:smile:

I'm curious about this as well, since I chose Petrol over Gray, because it seemed SO fragile to me! I saw a few of the matching Gray wallets at the outlet a couple weeks ago, and they all looked so scratchy compared to the Petrol & Espresso ones... maybe from being thrown around a bin all day? I don't know! FWIW, it didn't seem like water would be an issue like it is for the vachetta leather, but you never know :shrugs:

Sidenote: I looooove Lindsay, she's an absolutely gorgeous bag, and so functional too! I kind of want a Gray one still, so I'm looking forward to seeing the responses!

You have the petrol!! :heart: That colour is so nice (not to mention HTF!), do you have any pics?? :graucho:
In general it seems like all the colours except for grey are less prone to scratches? Theres a kinda beat up grey Lindsay I'm thinking about getting, I was just wondering if the grey will be a real mark-prone coloured leather and if apple conditioning could possibly help the already scratches.

Oh oh and I wanted to ask : do you find her comfortable to wear? and does the bag make alot of clink noises when the straps are moved around?

I have the grey! IMO it's not delicate. Any scuffs it gets are easily buffed out, and even when I wore it daily for about a month I never got a single scratch. I did condition my bag right away. I have had a been in rain(and even a bit of snow), and all water spots dried up. You would never tell it had been rained on. Looks just like it did pre-rain. I have never heard any clinking from the hardware. I do think when it is less full it will compress just a bit, but not dramatically(and once the leather has broken in a bit).

I think I answered all your questions lol.

You have the petrol!! :heart: That colour is so nice (not to mention HTF!), do you have any pics?? :graucho:
In general it seems like all the colours except for grey are less prone to scratches? Theres a kinda beat up grey Lindsay I'm thinking about getting, I was just wondering if the grey will be a real mark-prone coloured leather and if apple conditioning could possibly help the already scratches.

Oh oh and I wanted to ask : do you find her comfortable to wear? and does the bag make alot of clink noises when the straps are moved around?

Sure, I'll try to take some pictures when I get home tonight & post them! I didn't realize Petrol was so rare - it did seem like the outlets had tons of teal & espresso - since I never really saw the grey and petrol there, I assumed they were the most popular ones! As for the scratches, it sounds like Apple conditioner will get the scuffs out, from the post above. So it seems that if you treat the bag well, it will not look all scuffed :biggrin: If you can get a good deal on the scratchy one, I'd go for it - the grey was a great color, and it would go with just about anything: warm neutrals, black, bright colors, etc.

I think Lindsay is comfortable to wear, but I usually carry her in my hand or on my forearm/elbow-bend area. She does work on my shoulder, if I'm shopping and need to get her out of my way while I'm grabbing stuff, but I generally don't wear her there for long because of the width (which you saw in the modeling pics above).

I don't notice any clinking from just moving the straps - the only thing that really clinks is the big brass Coach hangtag, that sometimes hits the other hardware (the front turnlock, for example). The clips on the sides aren't too loud either.

Anyway - I'll post those pics later on! I look forward to hearing what you decide ;)

A couple of my Lindsay pics!
As I was taking these, I decided it's about time to post my own collection pictures (as well as my new additions from the outlet during the past 2 months)! I'll be doing that this weekend, so keep an eye out for more Petrol Linsday (and others, hehe).

Keep me posted on what you decide to do about the grey scratched one! I have had bad luck with a *Bay seller who has a grey one for auction right now - if that's where you were planning to get it, I'll PM you their username so you can stay away! :P

Of course I forgot to hit "upload" ...again.:nuts:

As I was taking these, I decided it's about time to post my own collection pictures (as well as my new additions from the outlet during the past 2 months)! I'll be doing that this weekend, so keep an eye out for more Petrol Linsday (and others, hehe).

Keep me posted on what you decide to do about the grey scratched one! I have had bad luck with a *Bay seller who has a grey one for auction right now - if that's where you were planning to get it, I'll PM you their username so you can stay away! :P

Attachments

• P4080413.jpg
    P4080413.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 68
  • P4080415.jpg
    P4080415.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 43

Thank you Kells1983 for uploading some pics. Petrols such a lovely shade, your pic captures the blue of the bag! I can't wait to see your collection pics!!!
I didn't win the auction for the grey, someone outbidded me literally last second. I'm a bit disapointed but I think we might be talking about the same bag auction since its the only "EUC" grey I seen.. which in that case I'm a little relieved.