Grey & Charcoal the same color???

Skywalker30

Mar 11, 2013
The Givenchy forum is completely foreign to me and I have a question about colors. I apologize if I've missed this info elsewhere. I have become infatuated with the small distressed Pandora and I'm trying to figure out if "Grey" "Anthracite" & "Charcoal" are all the same color or different. It seems as though Charcoal may be darker than Grey but it depends on what website I'm looking at. Thank you for any & all help!

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
Dec 22, 2010
Too far from palm trees
The Givenchy forum is completely foreign to me and I have a question about colors. I apologize if I've missed this info elsewhere. I have become infatuated with the small distressed Pandora and I'm trying to figure out if "Grey" "Anthracite" & "Charcoal" are all the same color or different. It seems as though Charcoal may be darker than Grey but it depends on what website I'm looking at. Thank you for any & all help!
Unfortunately, the Givenchy bags are not consistently labeled by retailers. Currently, I am aware of two grey pandoras in pepe. One is a lighter grey and the other is anthracite which is a darker grey with a taupe-ish tone. I have the anthracite. I have never seen one described as "charcoal". You may want to contact the seller/retailer for a better description of the bag's color. Otherwise, make sure you can return for a FULL refund if it is not a color to your liking.

Skywalker30

Mar 11, 2013
Unfortunately, the Givenchy bags are not consistently labeled by retailers. Currently, I am aware of two grey pandoras in pepe. One is a lighter grey and the other is anthracite which is a darker grey with a taupe-ish tone. I have the anthracite. I have never seen one described as "charcoal". You may want to contact the seller/retailer for a better description of the bag's color. Otherwise, make sure you can return for a FULL refund if it is not a color to your liking.
Thank you so much for all of the info hrhsunshine! It seems as though even some of the retailers are unsure about which is which! I just ordered one and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's the one I want! Now, let the waiting game begin!

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
Dec 22, 2010
Too far from palm trees
Thank you so much for all of the info hrhsunshine! It seems as though even some of the retailers are unsure about which is which! I just ordered one and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's the one I want! Now, let the waiting game begin!
You are welcome. Givenchy doesn't use suoer specific names for their colors so it gets confusing for retailers. Hope u have the right color coming to you.

sparks1007

Jan 29, 2014
Thanks so much for asking this question! I have exactly the same problem. Photos not matching description etc. I look forward to seeing the colour you get. Please do post when you receive the bag.

elly23

Dec 17, 2013
London
I'm confused by the same thing. I went to Selfridges and had a look at the charcoal and it looked something in between grey and beige. Then went to Harrods and they showed me a grey bag. So confusing.

MsTotes

Jul 28, 2014
California
The same grey spectrum applies to the Gales: this season there is a 'grey' that leans light blue and an 'Elephant grey' that is a dark grey.