grey chanel bags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i saw a pic of a grey ritz bag in the reference thread and i'm pretty much obsessed w/ it :shame: . i went to the south coast plaza boutique and when i asked about it, the sa looked at me like this :confused1: when i asked about it. she said it only comes in black and navy blue and maybe it was a blue ritz that i saw, but it just happened to come out grey in the pic. we even checked their book and all they had were pages for the black and blue. so then i was :confused1:. then a jumbo grey classic flap beckoned to me and i became :drool:. now i'm debating over the ritz and jumbo classic flap, but i want to make sure i'm more prepared next time i go into the boutique so could someone please give me the style number for the grey ritz so i could give it to the sa to prove i'm not psycho? thanks so much!!

2. Chanel ticket of my Grey washed leather smaller size Ritz contains:
    06A A33469Y04321
    CLASSIC BAG WITH FLAP
    DK GREY
    NSZ

It came from Neiman Marcus Houston; NM Chanel SA name is 'Rossi'.

3. :Push: i'm not very impressed with SAs who don't know about the products that they're selling and as a result, pass on wrong information! i had this same problem when i went into my local chanel store and enquired about the grey ritz. the 1st SA i dealt with was exceedingly rude and insistent that i must've been mistaken about a grey ritz existing, because she claimed it only came in BLACK! So i thanked her politely and went to the SA standing a few feet away from her and asked her if a grey ritz existed, and the 2nd SA exclaimed very loudly that "Of course it does!!! Who told you it doesn't exist??" with a pointed look at the 1st rude SA (haha politics in the workplace, anyone?)

anyway that was a little OT, but i hope u pick the ritz! its such a special bag, and i much prefer it to the classic flaps because its so different, and yet so practical! ;)

4. It's possible the Chanel boutiques didn't order it.
    This happens a lot unfortunately, often NM orders specific items that the boutiques or SAKS never gets, and vice versa.

5. I hate it when u drool over a bag and then check ur local boutique and they give u a cold smile telling you they didnt order it... why the hell did they go to all the trouble of opening a boutique if they're not getting the whole collection!! It happened to me alot in Dubai!..sorry to vent lol

6. lol, what a funny story. i totally agree! rude and uninformed is such a terrible combo for an SA.

7. pinkish_love: ok, thank you!! ita w/ your point about a boutique not having the whole collection. that's the main reason i shop at the chanel boutiques because i assumed that since they are a boutique, they would have everything or at least be able to get it from another boutique.

nightshade: lol, funny story. at least my sa wasn't rude or condescending about the ritz. she looked as puzzled as i felt when i mentioned the grey ritz. if i can find a grey ritz, i'd much prefer that over the classic flap because while the flap is a classic, it doesn't necessarily "match" me. i just loved the grey caviar and i was pretty much settling for the classic flap because it came in grey and i thought my grey ritz was nonexistent.

goldensx5: thanks so, so, so much for the info!!!! i'm going to give it to a few of the sa's i've worked w/ and if they can't turn up w/ anything, i'm going to give rossi a call. thanks again!