Grey Bag Showdown!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Which grey bag wins the Showdown?

1. Get the Chelsea in Ash!

2. Get the Sage!

3. Duh...GET BOTH!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi everyone!

I LOVE grey bags. Love, love, love...love them. I'm having a really hard time deciding between 2 bags, and I think they're a bit too similar to own both. After seeing them both in person I'm even MORE stumped! I was hoping you guys might be able to help me decide!

If you could choose either the Chelsea Flagship Buffalo Leather Dowel Flap in Ash or the Kristin Elevated Pebble Grain Sage in Blue Smoke, which would you choose and why? Are they different enough to own both? Do you own both? I'd love to hear any thoughts, opinions or votes!

Thanks! :flowers:

2. Ooo I voted for the sage with no hesitation. The sage seems to look fantastic on everyone and I love the slouch. I found the sage to be very comfortable in person, though I bit heavy with the hardware... The leather is gorgeous, the colour is perfect, and I love how the hardware looks. This bag would be quite versitile as well, IMO. I hope this helps :smile: and good luck choosing!!

3. I would go with the Sage. She's a beautiful bag. I think on the Dowel Flap, the flap might drive me crazy after a while. I also llike the shape of the Sage much better.
    Let us know what you decide!

4. I would go with the Blue Smoke Sage. It's classic and gorgeous!

5. I love the buffalo Tote. If I did not get a gray Caroline I would buy it.

6. I love the dowel flap. Super elegant in an old-school way.

7. Thanks for your thoughts and votes so far! It really helps!

I really do love them both for different reasons...hopefully I can make up my mind soon!

8. I have both bags, the dowel flap in ash and the sage in navy. Although I love both of them, Im a little more fond of the dowel. Iam loving the single handle and front pockets on the dowel. It is a little more difficult to get into...esp if you are in a hurry, but I think the design of the bag more than makes up for that. Its so classic and elegant looking. The sage is great too, just more of a pain to me because the double straps never stay put and its a heavier bag. There is a little more room in the sage though. Overall, I vote for the dowel!

9. I voted for the Chelsea............mostly because it's my new "HG" even though I don't NEED it............I just love it..............

10. I LOVE the Sage - I currently have two, Python and the new Fall black Sage. I love the size and of course the structure, to me, is unique. I'm staring at my black Sage right now and I just love it!

May I ask which grey sage you are referring to? The new pebble grain or the elevated leather? I had my eyes on the elevated leather Sage for a while, but when I was in Las Vegas and went to the Coach store at the Forum Shops I saw the grey pebble grain and black and fell for the black.

Sorry for the gushy rant, I just really REALLY love the Sage and I think everyone should :smile:

11. I voted for the Sage! I love the look of that bag and really wanted one! When they first came out I went to fp and tried one on and it was way too big for me....sigh. Other then the size I love everything about it!
    GL with your decision!

12. I'm considering the Blue Smoke with the Pebble Grain leather! The new black one is trying to pry cash out of my wallet too, but I really don't need another black bag right now...yet somehow I still want it, lol.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and votes! I love hearing all of your opinions.

13. I vote for the Chelsa...I also love grey bags.Still looking for the Perfect one though!!Good Luck, both bags are beautiful...:smile:

14. I love grey bags too!!! And I've been obsessing over them all week. :weird:

I LOVE the style of the Sage, but the blue smoke looks more blue than grey to me. I have not seen it in person, so maybe it actually looks more grey than I think. I love the style and the slouch of the bag.

I think the Chelsea is gorgeous too, and I really prefer this color and the leather over the Sage. But I don't care much for flap bags, they're OK, just not my preference. And I don't know how much the Chelsea slouches. To me, it looks like the dowel will keep it from slouching, but I have not tried one on without all the tissue stuffing inside, so I don't know. I'm thinking it might be a little too structured for my taste.

Have you considered trying to hunt down the elevated leather grey Sage? Love the shade of grey and the mixed hardware on that bag, but I don't know if there are any in stock anywhere. Now that would be my first choice!

You really need to try them on with no tissue and with your stuff inside to get an idea of what works best for you. And think about your wardrobe and which color would work best. Or get them both! I think the colors are different enough to justify getting both. :graucho:

Good luck with your decision, and let us know what you get!

15. ME TOO! I keep going back and forth on these 2, and I actually think I want the nylon chevron Lindsey in dark grey too! I think that one's different enough to not compete for a spot in my closet like these 2, lol.

You made great points on both bags! I do really like the elevated leather grey sage in pics, but I haven't seen that one in person. How deep of a grey is it? I'm really drawn to the texture in these 2 bags, but I have to say the elevated leather is dreamy! There are SO many great grey bags right now how will we ever decide?!?

Thanks again for all of the opinions here everyone!