Grey 227 resissue dented on bottom :(

skimmilk

O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
I won't be able to upload pictures until tonight... but I recently got the grey 227 and absolutely love it. I used it once for a few days and put it back in it's dust bag, wrapped, in box (been using the lady braid bowler lately).

So I went to check on it last night and the bottom left side is dented and/or wrinkled! I definitely don't abuse my bags (only travel with me to car and then to work) and so I don't know how this happened.

I know it's hard to give advice without any pics - but do you ladies think that NM would exchange this for me? I'm so upset :sad:

Pictures speak a thousand words. But top of mind: are we talking an indent (an innie) and not a crease? If so, then stuff the purse with tissue and put a paperweight inside over the dent (to hold the dent down and flat with the rest of the bottom); stand the purse upright overnight and see if it correction occurs.

thank you jmen i will certainly try that. please see the attached pics - what do you ladies think? is this nothing to be concerned about?

Attachments

• IMG_8194.JPG
    IMG_8194.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8195.JPG
    IMG_8195.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_8196.JPG
    IMG_8196.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_8197.JPG
    IMG_8197.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_8200.JPG
    IMG_8200.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 107
Hi skimmilk, I had this on a reissue that I purchased second-hand (anniversary reissue). The owner said it happened during storage as the bag was not used much. I had to stuff mine and lightly steam the area to get the "dent"/indent out and it worked for the most part. I don't think it will come out completely though. Was the dent not there when you received the bag? It can happen if you wrap the chains around the bag and it ends up laying on that specific spot but that is pretty hard to accomplish in itself.

It almost seems like the leather is stretched out in that part, I don't get it. I don't think the dent was there when I received it but I can't be positive :sad: I'm usually so excited that I don't even inspect them that carefully (tho lately I should!) None of my other flaps have any other marks - I store them all very carefully. The bag is stuffed, felt lining on the outside, chains hanging outside of the dust bag, then I put it in the box and have it in my closet. I would never wrap the chains around the bag. Not sure what to do...

Oh forgot to mention - the tag was removed when I ordered it (charge send) from NM and put inside the bag... since I felt this bag was pretty hard to get I didn't want to lose out.

Wow, I'm usually forgiving of lil quirks with my bag but I think this would bother me. It looks like the dent is from the inside -- as if something warped the inner form. I hope it comes out for you and if not, I'd consider it defective and get NM to find you another one!

Good luck!

Don't post. Call the salesgirl and take it back immediately and don't fool with it. If so they will accuse you of doing something to the bag. Just state you are dissatisfied and want a new bag and the tag wasn't on it, so you feel someone handled it. You should have 14-30 days depending on the store.

This is not looking good and would definitely upset me as well. Take it back asap.

attachment.php

Oh wow! I would take that back!

From my previous buying experience with NM, they store their new bags in see-through plastic bag, with the tags inside the zipper pocket. This is how the bags arrive from their warehouse. Then the SAs would attach the tag on with the little plastic string thingy, get rid of see-through plastic bag, put bag in dustbag, and box, and then in NM bag. So you receiving a bag with the Chanel tag unattached to the chain from the warehouse does not mean the bag was a return or anything. I just wanted to point that out.

But back to the dent, that would bother me so much! I would go back and ask for another one! They're not sold out yet, and if your SA tells you that is the case, then return it and find a new one somewhere else! Good luck!

It almost seems like the leather is stretched out in that part, I don't get it. I don't think the dent was there when I received it but I can't be positive :sad: I'm usually so excited that I don't even inspect them that carefully (tho lately I should!) None of my other flaps have any other marks - I store them all very carefully. The bag is stuffed, felt lining on the outside, chains hanging outside of the dust bag, then I put it in the box and have it in my closet. I would never wrap the chains around the bag. Not sure what to do...

I would return it too. I store my bags the same way you do and none of them have this dent. As I mentioned, I could only partly get the dent out and I doubt you will be able to restore it to its original condition even by stuffing it completely full because the dent is in a weird place. And it's certainly a defect that would bother most people.

Hi skimmilk,

I think it's definitely a defective bag. My advice is to exchange it. This will bother me very much. It's a big "no-no" to me. :nogood: Good luck!! I'm sure you'll be able to find the perfect one from NM. :heart:

If the purse is an '05, what on earth is the chance of getting a replacement? Then a huge decision takes place. If it's the current '08, then simply get a replacement and do so promptly.

Thanks everyone, I'm definitely taking it back.

Hi jmen, the bag is only a few weeks old (the 08, I wish I could get the 05! I've only been drooling after that bag for 3 years or so :smile:. I'm happy that they're still out there, I'm just upset that lately I've been getting a lot of defective bags :sad:

Thanks again ladies!