Grenat Dilema - Please Help!!

CoutureObsessed

¡Amo Balenciaga!
O.G.
Oct 22, 2007
Well, I couldn't believe it, but this morning after a phone call to BalNY, I found out that they have both a Grenat 06 City and First in stock. I was beside myself with excitement, and I had the SA send photos of both bags so I could choose. Here's my dilema: My desire to add a Grenat to my collection came from the beautiful photo's posted by other TPFer's, such as the one below that I attached as an example. However, in the photo sent by the SA at BalNY the color looks almost like a dirty tomato brown (not to mention the fact that the SA laid my potential babies on the floor next to a dirty footprint, but that's a rant for another day...) Can those of you who have seen this bag in person let me know what this bag really looks like IRL?

Attachments

• TPF Grenat.jpg
    TPF Grenat.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 85
  • First and City Grenat - from BalNY.jpg
    First and City Grenat - from BalNY.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 132
here is my grenat work and this is very true-to-life color:

IMG_5272.jpg

I think it's just the lighting/monitor differences. There's very little to no brown in the photos to my eye, though the color looks oddly blotchy. I doubt that's the case though -- there have been a number of threads before about the difficulty of photographing bags and colors accurately due the the leather variation, sheen, etc. I do agree that the First looks as though it may have been carried, so I'd also go for the City. I think it's a more useful bag as well.

The lighting in BalNY seems to be horrible. Almost all the photos I've seen of bags the color just looked blah. They need some sunlight when they take photos of the bags. That grenat city sure does look gorgeous though!

The lighting in the NYC Balenciaga boutique is horrible! Even the SAs there will tell you that when you're shopping there.

I doubt that's they floor, it's most likely the rock-like raised areas near the big door that beholds all the Balenciaga treasures inside. I guess someone walked on it...

I don't think there's any problem with the First bags handles, it looks like shade from the strap. If I were you, I'd decide by size...do I want a small bag that I can easily transition from day to night or would I prefer a bigger bag that will hold a lot?

There is no brown in the Grenat I have. It's an oxblood colour, in fact, that's what BalNY calls it. A deep, burgundy red. It's a really lovely, lovely colour! As for size, that's such a personal choice. Will this bag just be for going out on the evening, or more for an everyday bag? Do you tend to carry a lot of stuff around with you? Personally between the two, I would choose the City, I think it's just more versatile size wise.

I wish you well,

Bridget