Grenadine bag?

veevee1

O.G.
Aug 13, 2008
I just purchased my first Goyard bag last week (Belvedere pm, black and gold/tan), and I am completely smitten and already on the hunt for another Goyard. I am interested in the Grenadine as a large everyday bag, mostly for work. Does anybody have this bag and can comment on ease of use and durability? I understand that this model is an update of the Fidji. I intend to carry basic things (wallet, agenda, cosmetic bag) and occasionally larger heavier items such as a 13-in laptop, water bottle, lunch, or shoes. I am hoping that the Grenadine gets slouchy with use.

Thanks in advance!

Congrats! Does the Grenadine fit everything you wanted, including the laptop?
Yes, it fits quite a lot (though perhaps not all of my "occasional use" items at once). My 13-in Macbook air fits comfortably, though adds some rigidity to the bag and limits space, but I would only rarely carry it around. It fits way more than the Chanel GST and Balenciaga Day (my other large bags for work), and is still very light with my everyday items.

Yes, it fits quite a lot (though perhaps not all of my "occasional use" items at once). My 13-in Macbook air fits comfortably, though adds some rigidity to the bag and limits space, but I would only rarely carry it around. It fits way more than the Chanel GST and Balenciaga Day (my other large bags for work), and is still very light with my everyday items.

I'm surprised it fits the Macbook. Appearances can be deceiving! What a great collection of bags to choose from! Congrats once again. :biggrin:

Love your new bag, great choice.
The older version called the Fidji was all goyardine canvas w/o the leather pieces at top and bottom.
Like the new style so much better.

Is the Grenadine still being sold? How much is it full price?

Hi - they discontinued this style sometime last year. Some stores, including Barneys, may have a few pieces left. Ask an SA as they are likely not displayed. I actually purchased one in October and it retailed for $2,100 USD if I recall. It's a great bag and holds a lot. I have the St. Louis tote and wanted something different. Hope you find one!