Greige or the 06 lilac in the City??

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi guys!

This is my first time getting a city... but I don't know which color to get!! I really need some advice!

btw: I'm sooo excited to get my first bbag!!! :heart:

2. i'd go for the greige. while a rare few 06 lilacs turned out really nice, the leather for 06 is much better than the leathers i've seen on the 06 lilacs. the greige is also a gorgeous colour and really easy to wear

3. I'm rooting for greige! It's such an easy colour to match and the leather is much nicer. =)

4. my first choice was black... but sigh... I wish I could actually touch and see the colors... not just through pdf files.. do you think the greige is too plain?

5. do you think the greige is too plain? :s I wish my options were more than just looking at a pdf file... u know what i mean? I'd like to see and feel the leather. :Push: still unsure which color....

does anyone have any pics of the grige :P .... it would deff help!

6. they are both gorgeous! but go with whichever would match your wardrobe more..

i'd go for the lilac only because it's harder to get such a pretty shade in other bags.. =)

7. Hi Kuuip021,

I just purchased a gray/greige/cement I've heard it called different colors. I think we are talking about the same color :s

But I picked this gray'ish cement color based on talking with a Bal Ny SA-Daphne (she was wonderful). Anyway, she said based on my needs and colors I wear that the Cement color would work the best. I wear a lot of neutrals, jeans w/black tees, browns, etc. Here is a link to my post about getting my first B bag and there were a couple members who posted their pics. of the gray/cement/greige color. Hope this helps and good luck!

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/no-longer-a-bbag-virgin-45028.html

Amanda;)

8. I think the greige looks yummy -- the colour is wonderful and the leather looks like it has squish factor.

9. I am jumping on the bandwagon. Definitely greige, it's such a great color and very versatile too!

10. Here's a pic of the Greige but this pic is making it look much more beige/honey-ish than it is IRL. It's actually a LOT more grey. I bought this bag based on its gorgeous leather but ended up returning it as I just prefer darker bags.

If your first choice is black, I say get black!

DSC00514.jpg
  11. Thank you ALL for helping me decide on the color.

GREIGE IT Is!!!

I can't wait for my FIRST bag!! It will be here in about 2 weeks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks Amanda for the extra link.

:flowers:

12. I'd go with the greige as well- much easier to coordinate clothing with it. I have a lilac box and although it's a really pretty colour, it's a bit of a bummer to match with the clothes I have. I always end up wearing purpley shades, white or black with it- and I don't have many purpley shades of clothing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice