Greetings from Shanghai

well i was refering to the shop assistants and wait staff. but the one thing that annoyed me are those counterfeit sellers. they'd either show us laminated photos of their fake LV or Gucci bags or briefcases full of knock-off Swiss watches and Montblanc pens. we pretty much got harassed every moment. even right outside the LV boutique.

I am truly embarrassed by these counterfeiters :cursing:

i think it's common to find 'hard to find' pieces in shanghai, becuase many of the ppl who can actually afford luxury goods are quite mobile, and therefore mainly purchase htem from hongkong (becuase the prices are so much better there).
there are plenty of rich people who can afford them, people just don't have the habbit of carrying the real stuff if they can get a knock off for fraction of price.

haha i know what you mean, there used to be a huge market devoted to fakes 'Shian Young Market', until being forced to closed due to Olympics! I had a hard time communicating w/SA even when i DO speak fluent Chinese, they have to get the manager to help. Mainly because i know the name by English/French, but in Asia they go by celebrity names of who carry it first-ex. Manhattan is Uma Bag, Trouville is Little Jen Bag(newsmedia's nick name for Jennifer Aniston), mono loop is Wang Fay Bag etc.

Interesting :nuts: Wang Fay used to carry Mono Loop :nuts: She is all Hermes now :shame: I definitely will have to use English rather than Mandarin if I ever have a chance to shop there as mine is not as authentic Mandarin as they claimed :Push:

Thanks for sharing the pics! I've never seen Louis Vuitton translated into another language before. I wonder how it sounds in Chinese. Wish I could be traveling now. Have fun there!

edit: I just realized that those characters might be the mall's name and not LV in Chinese...

A Miroir Lockit, wow that is surprising! I would have expected that to be sold now either to somebody in their boutique or via transfer or phone order. Thanks for the pics and I am happy to hear you are having a good time. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.