Green!

this_is_rj

O.G.
Mar 1, 2011
I have never been a green person but have started considering to add a green to my collection. I am looking for a very dark green, the kind of green that is almost a black, like blue indigo is to blue. I have started researching all things Hermes green and would love your advice and guidance. Past or present which green is the darkest and most close to black? I have been looking at vert fonce, vert rousseau and vert cypress. But to be honest I can't really tell subtle differences so hoping that someone with more H experience and knowledge than I can assist. I may have also missed some greens that I should consider and/or perhaps there are better options out there than the three I have come up with. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Please enlighten me on everything Hermes dark green.

Jan 31, 2007
I have both GP and Birkin in Vert Cypress and this is a green that shows very differently depending on the leather. It’s much darker on country cowhide but much greener and lighter on Togo and Alligator. So make sure you check out the color on your choice of leather.

this_is_rj

O.G.
Mar 1, 2011
I have both GP and Birkin in Vert Cypress and this is a green that shows very differently depending on the leather. It’s much darker on country cowhide but much greener and lighter on Togo and Alligator. So make sure you check out the color on your choice of leather.
Here’s a great dark green comparison pic I saved, credit to Mia’s Amoire. Hope it helps.
Thank you so much for this! I could not figure out why I liked Vert Cypress in some photos but not in others, it really does look totally different in different leathers. Based on the photo I think Vert Fonce has my heart.

Mar 29, 2008
Green is my favorite color.

Vert Cypress is stunning, I think especially with GHW accents. Its green tone is a bit similar to malachite which I own, so I have been trying to stay away.

Vert Fonce is a very dark green. Can look black in low lighting. You see the green tone when light hits it. I feel GHW makes it even darker.

Just my opinion, of course.

Jan 31, 2007
Thank you so much for this! I could not figure out why I liked Vert Cypress in some photos but not in others, it really does look totally different in different leathers. Based on the photo I think Vert Fonce has my heart.
You are welcome. it’s hard to capture Hermes greens and blues. Even for the same leather depending on the lighting the same color would look very differen.

Reactions: this_is_rj

this_is_rj

O.G.
Mar 1, 2011
Thank you so much ladies. I am relatively new to Hermes and own three neutral B25's. I am trying to branch out as far as colour goes, but not to far, hence the desire for a very dark green, and your responses have been invaluable for me to narrow down the right green for my collection.