Green for Christmas?

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
I need a dress for a Christmas event and was wondering if it is faux pas to wear green velvet during Christmas when you are no longer 10 yrs old. I see a lot of sequins this season and I'm not sure I want to go that route.

This is the dress I have in mind, it's olive in velvet. What do you think? I may have to alter the fullness of the bottom a bit so it would drape better on my short frame. Oh, I won't be wearing any red accessories with it. :P

http://www.shopbop.com/love-affair-...folderID=2534374302178122&fm=other-shopbysize

Attachments

• green velvet.jpg
    green velvet.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 81
  • greenvelvetback.jpg
    greenvelvetback.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 53
Oh my, that dress looks gorgeous!!! I am pretty sure that with an understated yet glamourous piece like that then you will look gorgeous and not a faux pas at ALL!!!
Seriously, wear it with pride. As long as you are not dressed like an elf then reds and greens are fine for Christmas :P

I don't mind green for christmas, but I don't know about this dress. I think it could be amazing or horrible depending on your age/size/shape and how it looks IRL instead of on the model. It kind of looks like it is renaissance inspired, so that is my main worry.

Thanks PT!

I'm not really sure how a maxi dress like that would look on me as I'm more accustomed to fitted dresses. Velvet tends to make you look fuller but I'm hoping the dark colour will have the opposite affect. I'm a size 2-4 and definitely not in my 20s anymore.