Green Bal Fans - Evergreen, Sapin, or Olive???

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
I have a brown, red, and blue City. I've wondered about adding a green Bal. I LOVE Olive, especially the 2005 Olive RH City :nuts:. Of course, I have a better chance of seeing a pig fly than of acquiring one in mint condition.

I've also seen Evergreen and Sapin. They look exactly the same to me. Can anyone describe them so there is a difference? Are they pretty versatile? Is one a better shade of dark green than the other?

If you own any of these colors, do you use it much? Does the color last and not fade like many of the blues and purples?

Thanks for your input :smile:

Yeah....I'd love to find a MINT '05 Olive too!!

I've had '08 Evergreen in the past and it was dark to me. A very very pretty color though....the leather was great actually. At the time I wanted something more medium green so I sold her. Sapin IMO is darker than Evergreen. It looks (from pics) to be almost black.
I currently have a Cypres' Day and it's a little darker than what I normally call a medium green - but not too dark...KWIM. I really like it.
'06 Emerald is also another pretty green that I own - again - darker than a medium green but not too dark.

I also owned (and have sold) an '06 Origan City - that's a really really lovely green IMO.
One more! - '05 Dolma - I have the twiggy and it's still nice and dark - great color!

None of the bags I have mentioned above have had fading issues - I did own one that did - '05 Dolma City - that one was really faded especially compared to the Twiggy I have now.

I used to own a Sapin that I regret letting go of. It's definitely darker than Evergreen. I wouldn't mistake it for black, but it's dark enough that it can be as diverse in your wardrobe as a black bag. And, as a bonus (at least for me), Sapin "goes" with any brown you could wear - so in a way, it may be even more versatile than black.

I'm also a big fan of '06 leather, so that's a consideration, too.

I also owned a Sapin bag. It's a realy dark deep green It's not blue-based nor is it brown-based It's just the deepest darkest green you can imagine. I found it to be much more fall/winterish. It just didn't work with white and summery colors. But for fall/winter, I definitely agree with ehemelay that it could be as versatile as a black bag. And the color was not prone to fading.

Olive may have a better chance of being year round. As for evergreen, I do fear it'd be too dark for year round use.

2005 Olive for sure!!! Best green Bal ever made, and the leather is amazing!! To find one in mint condition might be hard, but one can always send it to the SPA.. And the good thing is that it doesn't turn ugly with age..

2005 Olive for sure!!! Best green Bal ever made, and the leather is amazing!! To find one in mint condition might be hard, but one can always send it to the SPA.. And the good thing is that it doesn't turn ugly with age..

I also owned a Sapin bag. It's a realy dark deep green It's not blue-based nor is it brown-based It's just the deepest darkest green you can imagine. I found it to be much more fall/winterish. It just didn't work with white and summery colors. But for fall/winter, I definitely agree with ehemelay that it could be as versatile as a black bag. And the color was not prone to fading.

Olive may have a better chance of being year round. As for evergreen, I do fear it'd be too dark for year round use.

I used to own a Sapin that I regret letting go of. It's definitely darker than Evergreen. I wouldn't mistake it for black, but it's dark enough that it can be as diverse in your wardrobe as a black bag. And, as a bonus (at least for me), Sapin "goes" with any brown you could wear - so in a way, it may be even more versatile than black.

I'm also a big fan of '06 leather, so that's a consideration, too.

Yeah....I'd love to find a MINT '05 Olive too!!

I've had '08 Evergreen in the past and it was dark to me. A very very pretty color though....the leather was great actually. At the time I wanted something more medium green so I sold her. Sapin IMO is darker than Evergreen. It looks (from pics) to be almost black.
I currently have a Cypres' Day and it's a little darker than what I normally call a medium green - but not too dark...KWIM. I really like it.
'06 Emerald is also another pretty green that I own - again - darker than a medium green but not too dark.

I also owned (and have sold) an '06 Origan City - that's a really really lovely green IMO.
One more! - '05 Dolma - I have the twiggy and it's still nice and dark - great color!

None of the bags I have mentioned above have had fading issues - I did own one that did - '05 Dolma City - that one was really faded especially compared to the Twiggy I have now.

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate your input. Gosh, I saw a mint condition Sapin City months ago and didn't buy it. I kept looking at it but was so hesitant b/c I'd never had a green bag. I love the idea of a dark green (although Olive is my green HG).

I'm trying to avoid getting a black Bal, so the Sapin sounds like a great alternative. I use my Blue Roi as my black alternative, right now.

So, would you say you thought the Sapin is a prettier or better green than Evergreen? Is Evergreen worth getting or would you wait to find a Sapin?

As for lighter greens, yes, I though the Origan was very pretty. I'm still nervous about getting the lighter colors b/c of the darkening of handles and more visibility of dirtiness/wear.

Sapin leather is amazing. The more of it the better! I do think though you are leaning towards Olive, so I think you'll be happier with Olive.

hello! I would personally wait for a gorgeous chevre 06 leather - yum yum - in sapin!
some great pics on here -
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-color-reference/green-color-family-pics-only-140427.html

Sapin leather is amazing. The more of it the better! I do think though you are leaning towards Olive, so I think you'll be happier with Olive.

go with the olive!

Wow, Sapin seems to be the favorite of the responses so far, although any of us would gladly take the 05 Olive :graucho:

I checked out the Green Bals reference thread and it was so hard to tell between the Evergreen and Sapin. I thought both looked lovely in the pictures. Of course, Olive is my fave :biggrin: I would love to get an older Bal since my oldest is only 09.

My green shall be Sapin or Olive....whichever shows up first in minty mint condition.

Now, I just gotta wait patiently :whistle:

Wow, Sapin seems to be the favorite of the responses so far, although any of us would gladly take the 05 Olive :graucho:

I checked out the Green Bals reference thread and it was so hard to tell between the Evergreen and Sapin. I thought both looked lovely in the pictures. Of course, Olive is my fave :biggrin: I would love to get an older Bal since my oldest is only 09.

My green shall be Sapin or Olive....whichever shows up first in minty mint condition.

Now, I just gotta wait patiently :whistle:

Good luck! :tup: I would have no patience whatsoever! :biggrin:

It seems you really have your heart set on Olive. I think you should wait for that one. It IS your HG and even if you get one of the other greens (Sapin or Evergreen), I think you'll still be dreaming and longing for Olive. Wait for your HG! I'm sure one will pop up. :smile:

It seems you really have your heart set on Olive. I think you should wait for that one. It IS your HG and even if you get one of the other greens (Sapin or Evergreen), I think you'll still be dreaming and longing for Olive. Wait for your HG! I'm sure one will pop up. :smile:

Thanks sweetie! I know, I know...Yes, you're right. I even have a couple photos of a beautiful mint Olive on my computer and I have to gaze upon her beauty every so often. I shall just wait for her!