greedy shoppers at TJ Maxx

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I saw a posting on the forum about special handbag event at TJ Maxx Sunday so I decided to drop by there. They didn't have much but I heard a manager telling another customer they would be getting more in Tuesday and Wednesday. So I decided to check back this afternoon. I had seen a posting on the forum that someone had gotten three Coach wallets. I didn't see that much in bags and nothing in wallets that was interesting so I asked the girl in Accessories about the event and whether they had gotten wallets. She said there was a large group of people waiting for the store to open Sunday and they swarmed in and starting loading up their carts...taking stuff without even really looking at it. She described it as "sad"...Don't know if they bought stuff to sell or put in their carts and then put most of it back later but it all seems greedy to me.

That was my experience. Three women came in right after me, got carts, and grabbed every Coach bag that was put out, all three of them loudly on their cell phones to others about what they got. It was clear they grabbed them for resale. It was not pretty.

I notice a lot of resellers at my nearby TJ Maxx. Aren't they awful! Some of them are just ridiculously pushy and obnoxious.

There is one couple that comes in on the days they restock and the woman will start loading bags in her arms like they are free, while the man goes and hovers over people that are holding bags they want. I've seen others get so uncomfortable they just keep looking at him and finally put the bag down.

When I bought my b. makowsky he was circling around me acting like he would knock it out of my hand at any moment. I felt so weird having him act like that, I checked behind me twice after I left just to make sure he didn't follow me out to my car.

The last couple of visits have been to a diff tj maxx, but I'm half tempted to report that guy if I see him standing over those ladies like that again. Though I don't know what they could do. There isn't really a rule against lurking and/or wearing more jewelry than any one man should. :shrugs:

All the coach bags I saw at TJ Maxx on sunday were clearly marked "COACH OUTLET." So the outlet sold overstock to TJMaxx? Or Coach sold outlet stock to more than just the outlet?

Anyway, it was clear the store had been picked over. The much nicer (IMO) italian leather goods were all left, just because they have no trendy logo on them. :sad:

I would not hesitate to buy a bunch of Coach stuff at TJM and resell it on eBay - I dont like the logo stuff, but its so popular, why not? Obviously I wouldnt stand over someone waiting for a bag, but theres nothing wrong with buying low and selling high - thats how EVERYTHING works. TJM resellers are just doing it on a smaller scale!

My tale of woe!!
I went to TJM this afternoon, with my sleeping toddler in his stroller. I put a bag on hold, because I didn't want to stand in the long check out line, figured I would do my other errand in the same complex and come back when the lunch shoppers were gone and pay for my bag. I left, went to the other end of the center, and came back 20 minutes later, went directly to CS to pick up my bag, and the SA told me that my friend had bought my bag....ummmm, I wasn't shopping with a friend just my sleeping baby. Nope, she told me my friend had said that I couldn't make it back because the baby woke up, and I wanted her to pick it up for me!!!!!:wtf: Someone stalked me for a bag and swooped on it, even though it was on hold for me!!!!! It was a lovely blue leather Kenneth Cole tote. I've been searching the net all afternoon, but can't find it anywhere, i'm so angry!!

OK, the hovering thing is tacky. I used to see the 'buy everything in sight' deal back when I lived in NorCal & would have chances to visit the San Francisco clothing outlet stores (Back when outlets were really outlets in big warehouses & not mini-malls). But I figure reselling authentic items on ebay allows even customers in smaller markets to eventually get a chance at items that otherwise they really don't get a chance to see let alone purchase. Of course I'm 5-2, but simply don't usually have people bother me - I must give off a 'keep away' vibe.

Wow, just have to add on the bag swipe - Some people obviously lack conscience. I'm a firm believer that what comes around goes around, so eventually that kind of behaviour's gonna backfire at the worst moment. As it should.

My tale of woe!!
I went to TJM this afternoon, with my sleeping toddler in his stroller. I put a bag on hold, because I didn't want to stand in the long check out line, figured I would do my other errand in the same complex and come back when the lunch shoppers were gone and pay for my bag. I left, went to the other end of the center, and came back 20 minutes later, went directly to CS to pick up my bag, and the SA told me that my friend had bought my bag....ummmm, I wasn't shopping with a friend just my sleeping baby. Nope, she told me my friend had said that I couldn't make it back because the baby woke up, and I wanted her to pick it up for me!!!!!:wtf: Someone stalked me for a bag and swooped on it, even though it was on hold for me!!!!! It was a lovely blue leather Kenneth Cole tote. I've been searching the net all afternoon, but can't find it anywhere, i'm so angry!!

I can't believe someone was so LOW enough to do that and would blatantly lie to just get a bag. Some people seriously have no morals.

People who raid outlets and stores like TJ Maxx just to make a profit really piss me off because people like me who are actually interested in the item can never get a hold of one.

I had a bunch of great stuff in my cart once at TJ's and I turned the corner and left my cart at the front of the aisle because I was quickly grabbing something and someone took my cart and all the contents!!

I was so pissed off because it took me forever to find my things and I couldn't even locate most of the stuff I wanted after that happened because I had the only one in my cart. Oh and this happened during the holidays. You would think people would remember to not be so greedy then, but no such luck.

I'm glad to hear these people are passing on some nice things like the Italian bags. But I think for someone to swoop in and fill their basket with all the name brand bags before others get a chance to look at them is highly irritating. If there is an event that causes this type of grabbing I think there should be a limit of three to a customer or something like that.

It's not just TJM. It happens at NR too. I was at the Costa Mesa NR. All of the workers (the shoe people and the cashiers) were buzzing about some man (!) who came in and bought over 200 pairs of Coach shoes. The SA told me this happens every so often, whatever they can't resell of eBay, they return later. :tdown::tdown:

It happens everywhere now! It seriously makes me wish ebay was never invented! What drives me absolutely insane is when I see a man grabbing every single pair of women's designer jeans or when I see a 5ft tall 90lb woman buying all the XL Juicy stuff to resell when all I want is JUST ONE for myself!!! It just doesn't seem fair :hysteric: