Greedy sellers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcherry21

♥
May 4, 2010
I just bought an item on eBay for a low price, I paid immediately and the seller says (paraphrasing) "Sorry I don't know why the reserve didn't work, I can't sell you the dress for this amount! You can buy it for $XXX"

What's the worst thing she can do? I really want the item but it's not my fault you are dumb enough to not set a reserve and risk the low price! Is there anyway I can protect myself as to make sure she has to send the item? Thanks!

I'm sorry this happened to you but you can't force the seller to sell you the dress. You can report her for as a non-performing seller and leave a negative feedback, but that's about it. I don't understand sellers like this at all.

at least she was honest? :shrugs:

most sellers will come up with some lame story about the item being damaged or lost and they didn't know it and that's why they can't sell it.

did she actually put a reserve on her relisted item?
because i don't believe that a reserve can't work... either you didn't use it or you did... and if she entered an amount that was too low thats her fault, it doesn't mean the reserve didn't work
what a bad seller:tdown:

If this is someone who doesn't sell often, maybe they were unable to get the reserve to work? Or didn't know how to do it properly?

I'm surprised at the name calling, "loser", etc. While it is disappointing, mistakes happen and perhaps this isn't someone who is a very experienced seller?

Look at their feedback and if they have 100% and don't sell often, sometimes it's better to forgive and be understanding.

If it's a high volume seller, you have every right to be upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.