Greedy sellers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why everyone is getting upset over "loser"? You guys seem very sensitive, people call sellers on eBay a lot worse on here. :rolleyes:

I just think it made you sound immature and harsh, I would probably report her as a non performing seller and leave a negative stating only the facts. Good luck!

That times are tough excuse is so tired. She said she recently bought the dress for $500, unless she went bankrupt within a couple of weeks I'm pretty sure she is fine financially. I don't know why everyone is getting upset over "loser"? You guys seem very sensitive, people call sellers on eBay a lot worse on here. :rolleyes:

I agree with you that the times are tough excuse is tired, I think it's pretty obvious the seller just wasn't happy with the final price so decided not to sell it.

Regarding 'Loser' - it sounds like something a teenager would say to another to be hurtful. Just sayin'.

Linda

Did she just call some people old? Lmao or did I just jump in too soon? It kind of sounds like she was insinuating that...hm.

Hey OP, I agree that sucks that the seller did that to you! I'm sorry! Personally, I wouldn't neg her for it as I have had sellers do that to me (I won a fabulous Chanel bag for a low price, and they refunded me after I paid saying that they expected it to go for more and they refused to sell it for that..I was upset) and I kind of understand where she is coming from. It sucks that she did that, it was wrong and unprofessional, but she probably didn't want to sell it for a lower amount. If anything, I would report her as a non-performing seller, so if they ever do it again it will be on her record, but not ruin her selling reputation by leaving the neg FB.

Does anyone agree or am I being too lenient?

Last edited:
did she actually put a reserve on her relisted item?
because i don't believe that a reserve can't work... either you didn't use it or you did... and if she entered an amount that was too low thats her fault, it doesn't mean the reserve didn't work
what a bad seller:tdown:

Yeah, I think the seller lied! At the very least she could have been up front and honest about why she wouldn't sell it!

Did she just call some people old? Lmao or did I just jump in too soon? It kind of sounds like she was insinuating that...hm.

Hey OP, I agree that sucks that the seller did that to you! I'm sorry! Personally, I wouldn't neg her for it as I have had sellers do that to me (I won a fabulous Chanel bag for a low price, and they refunded me after I paid saying that they expected it to go for more and they refused to sell it for that..I was upset) and I kind of understand where she is coming from. It sucks that she did that, it was wrong and unprofessional, but she probably didn't want to sell it for a lower amount. If anything, I would report her as a non-performing seller, so if they ever do it again it will be on her record, but not ruin her selling reputation by leaving the neg FB.

Does anyone agree or am I being too lenient?

I would def leave a negative for this seller. If the seller wanted a certain amount for the item, there are many options to do that- start at a higher price, do a fixed price and etc....I suspect the seller started it at a low price to attract more bidders but it didn't. Even then the seller has an opportunity to cancel the auction before it ends. If you report them as a nps then I don't see why you can't leave them a negative- feedback serves as a warning for potential buyers and the seller deserves it.

I would def leave a negative for this seller. If the seller wanted a certain amount for the item, there are many options to do that- start at a higher price, do a fixed price and etc....I suspect the seller started it at a low price to attract more bidders but it didn't. Even then the seller has an opportunity to cancel the auction before it ends. If you report them as a nps then I don't see why you can't leave them a negative- feedback serves as a warning for potential buyers and the seller deserves it.

I agree with what you said. She was starting it at a lower price, no reserve, in order to encourage more bidding and didn't sell it to her because she wanted more. It just takes A LOT for me to leave someone negative FB.

I don't disagree with you. Eh, lmao! I just hate leaving negative feedback and try to be more understanding. You do have a point..that other potential buyers should be warned..I would probably leave neutral..

I guess most people would disagree with me.

I understand- I only left one negative during my 10 year ebay experience. I sometimes don't leave a neg for SNADs and such if the seller is willing to work with me, but this is the only time I would leave a neg 100% since this violates basics of ebay: "You sold an item, so you sell it!"

I understand- I only left one negative during my 10 year ebay experience. I sometimes don't leave a neg for SNADs and such if the seller is willing to work with me, but this is the only time I would leave a neg 100% since this violates basics of ebay: "You sold an item, so you sell it!"

Really good point!! The more I think about it...I kind of agree now. If I ever sold something for a lot less than I wanted, I would still sell it to the buyer, fair is fair. She should've put a reserve on it.

I would give her the benefit of the doubt, but she wasn't even sorry and even told me to go ahead with the eBay strike thinking it probably wouldn't matter. A neg is a much more direct approach to make her learn how to deal with potential buyers.

I'm 28, im not sure who you think you are talking to?? This forum is made up of a lot of wonderful women, young and more mature women.. I see it as a bratty teenager thing to call someone a "loser" Just my 28 year old opinion on that :angel:

Oh yes, a hoard of women harp on one word I call a PITA seller...I'm just a twelve-year old school girl. :rolleyes: You obviously don't know me either, I'm 22 and going to law school next year...thought I would mention it as long as we're whipping it out. Let's get a little more self-righteous here shall we?

I will get a mod to close this thread since aside from a few unhelpful members, I got my question answered. Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.