Greece Girls Love Fakes Here!

bebelastrange

Sep 27, 2008
i spend a lot of time in greece... freaking out over the lv & gucci fakes everywhere, obvious fakes on so many girls... Kills me b/c i'm a lv fan... and carry real ones...
its rather easy to snag a fake here... the sellers of these fakes are in a trendy area outside of athens called glyfada... they have permanent kiosks on the side of the street!!! athens official lv is only 45 min away (w/traffic)
even in athens you can easily find fake sellers
these guys have everything mainly lv
but what can you do... people are buying this stuff!!!
at least in paris and rome its a little harder to find...
greece peeps set up shops & sell fakes....
so crazy that now i've decided to keep my lv/gucci in the states.
xxb

The laws in Greece for copyright must not be very good, I know in our country its illegal to sell fakes and these bags would be taken by the police if found being sold. I find it crazy that some countries can have specially dedicated shops to fake labels.

Most people here hate fakes too, but we all buy real bags. I was in Athens in April. I saw some of the most beautiful handbags on the women there. Many Lv, Gucci, Bal, Hermes, Ysl and more. They were not fake. The Lv store was also crowded. The Hermes store had customers too. I stayed at the Great Bretagne hotel and some men laid out their fakes across the street in the square. The police chased them and they ran....fast. LOL So enjoy what you like, like the stylish women I saw in Greece.

I stayed at the Great Bretagne hotel and some men laid out their fakes across the street in the square. The police chased them and they ran....fast.

CONGRATS you just saw a very unique occurrence in greece...POLICE doing their job in greece...lol ... no offense to the police... b/c its the corrupted gov... anyways i live in greece 4 months out of the year... this is something that should happen a lot more!

I was gobsmacked by the amount of fake LVs I saw in Greece on a recent trip. In Mykonos, some were even selling on the beaches! One person next to my sunbed bought a fake Abbesses for for 30 Euros, which was haggled down from 50. I heard the transaction. Ugh.

I'm from Greece and believe me I hate fake bags as many other people. BUT there is no punishment for the people who sell fake bags as there is no punishment for many other things.:mad::mad::mad:

i think they have special units that goes after counterfeiters, like they do in LA, they are called LAPD's Anti-Piracy Task Force. Here's a link on LA Times http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-ig-lafakes26-2009jul26,0,6356024.story

Greece should have a task force like they do in LA but from the article it seems like the name brands are the one who has their own investigators to track down the counterfeits if so LV needs to get a task force in Greece.

i think they have special units that goes after counterfeiters, like they do in LA, they are called LAPD's Anti-Piracy Task Force. Here's a link on LA Times http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-ig-lafakes26-2009jul26,0,6356024.story

Greece should have a task force like they do in LA but from the article it seems like the name brands are the one who has their own investigators to track down the counterfeits if so LV needs to get a task force in Greece.
my God!!! Greece is not L.A. I said NO PUNISHMENT......:tdown:

I am curious to know how nasty and fake looking were these purses?
There some people I know that go to Greece often and I always wonder the authenticity of their LV purses.

Not that nasty... sad to say...
RAMPENT is the speedy... so easy to copy...That is the main one i see & its hard to tell for someone like my fiance.

Not all Greek girls buy fakes... but 80% prob do & the prob is these pushers are in your face 24/7... Every day you go shopping, go to the beach, historical sites, dinner you have a desperate person selling these bags,watches,movies,cds & i guess you give in eventually...

I think this is an universal problem unfortunately. When there's demand there's supply, and there are just too many people who love to flaunt the styles of LV but unwilling in invest in authentic ones.