Great Sevice

Aug 13, 2014
We often post here when we are upset or frustrated about a handbag
or the service we have received from Dooney or another store/site.
I wanted to follow up on my experience regarding the Ostrich Oyster
Zip Zip. You know my initial experience was frustrating, but in the end
the handbag arrived in perfect condition and I love it.

Now let me add in some of the details.... at the first Dooney outlet I called I talked with a new sales associate who didn't have a lot of experience and the outlet had trouble getting the order into the system. (Apparently it was a brand new bag to the outlet and something wasn't working right.) When I called to find out what was going on, the assistant manager there reached out to another outlet and arranged
for them to send me the handbag.

In the meantime, the regional manager Jill got involved
to try to understand what the problem was and why I was so upset. I explained about
the entire sales process and the importance of working with a sales associate who
could act as a 'personal shopper' when I was shopping by phone... someone who
knew the handbags, could provide good information on the condition, and would
follow-up on the entire transaction until it was delivered.

Because of the outstanding service I got from the regional manager, I've purchased some additional handbags. She suggested I call Stephanie in the *******, CT outlet and that turned out to be a wonderful shopping experience.
And, I now look forward to calling when ever I need to do some
virtual shopping by phone.

Send Email
Add to Contacts
Edit Contact

Send SMS/MMS
Add to Contacts
Edit Contact

H! I have dealt with Jill from *******, Connecticut outlet twice and both times she was exceptional. She took care of both of my concerns and did it within a day. She's a great regional manager!

MJ: I agree. Glad she helped you too. All too often management is behind the scenes and we don't see any of what is going on or what they are doing to make things better. Jill was very proactive and went the extra mile to turn the situation around. I started out frustrated and ended up a very satisfied customer. Not only did I buy more handbags at the time, but I'm sure I will be buying many more in the future, now that I have a Sales Associate (Stephanie) who wants to provide the service needed for telephone shopping. That would not have been the result if Jill hadn't gotten involved.

Mornin' LJ!

Thanks for sharing your story! It is good to read about great customer service. Especially for those who don't live near an outlet and must call to have bags shipped. It's good to feel appreciated as a customer, and not like the SA is doing you a favor because you can't drive to an outlet. For those of us who live near an outlet, it's still good to know who we can call if our outlet doesn't have a style or color we want. After seeing momjules pics of the New York Dooney Outlet, I realized how many more bags are available compared to the Livermore outlet!

RN: it was momjules picture that started my quest. But the sales associate I reached at that outlet was too inexperienced and the process was frustrating. Add to that their system problem and staff changes, it was not a good experience. Telephone shopping can be great if you have a good sales associate to work with. It can be both fun and productive and I've ordered many Dooney handbags from the outlets that way. But many of the sales associates I've worked with in the past have left. Thanks to Jill's involvement I have a new name.... Stephanie, in *******, CT to call. Stephanie was fun to work with when I called and the entire process was great. I didn't really plan to buy more handbags, but I wanted to check on one, and one thing led to another......

RN: it was momjules picture that started my quest. But the sales associate I reached at that outlet was too inexperienced and the process was frustrating. Add to that their system problem and staff changes, it was not a good experience. Telephone shopping can be great if you have a good sales associate to work with. It can be both fun and productive and I've ordered many Dooney handbags from the outlets that way. But many of the sales associates I've worked with in the past have left. Thanks to Jill's involvement I have a new name.... Stephanie, in *******, CT to call. Stephanie was fun to work with when I called and the entire process was great. I didn't really plan to buy more handbags, but I wanted to check on one, and one thing led to another......

:lol: I completely understand! Dooney bags and great customer service are an intoxicating combination!

It would certainly be great if Dooney.com had any customer service to brag about. Glad you had a pleasant experience, LJ! I find that any time I call a store or an outlet, it is the luck of the draw as far as the SA. Some are willing to go the extra mile, and some just want to hussle you off the phone. :lol:

Mia: that's why a good SA can make all the difference. At one time we collected and shared names, but many of those SA have left. I'm happy now that I have 2 great SA to work with.... Stephanie, in *******, CT and Samantha A, in Seattle, WA. Hopefully one of those outlets will have what I am looking for next time I call.